Wednesday, January 16, 2013

~Early Samplers~

Happy Wednesday!!  We are halfway to the weekend!!!  I have recently started collecting early samplers.  You all know how much I love samplers! = ) I love the few early ones that I have found.  I love looking at them and wondering what the person was like who made them and what they have seen since they have been made.  If they could talk, I am sure I could learn a lot! = )  I hope you enjoy seeing my early samplers!  I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures.  I tried to get as close to the samplers as I could so that you could see the detail in them.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.  Make it extra special by doing something for yourself.
 
Oh, I almost forgot!  Today is the anniversary of the day that I started my blog.  I began blogging three years ago today.  Time sure does fly by!!  Thank you for going on this journey with me.  I really do appreciate it! = )
 
Thank you for visiting yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.
 
"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.  You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
~Lucille Ball~
 
All My Best,
~Dan~

4 comments:

Lida said...

Hallo Dan,
Wow real old samplers, I love them but overhere they are so expensive that I make my own with the patterns of Stacy Nash. Love the way you have them framed! Greetings
Lida

Peggy Lee said...

Good Morning Dan ~
I came across your blog this morning through Carmen at Primcats. I have recently been leading more toward the primitive style and just love what I see here! I am drawn to samplers especially. I too love to read about the lives of who stitched them and what they mean. My husband recently gifted me "Historic Samplers" by Patricia Ryan and Allen D. Bragdon. Great book!!
I am now a follower of your blog and have send a friend request on FB if that is OK?

I know I will really enjoy following your blog!
~hugs
Peggy Lee

Benita said...

Happy Blog Anniversary, Dan !! It's been a wonderful 3 years, seeing all of the beautiful things in your home and hearing about your beautiful family with Jeff & the 3 P's !! I'm looking forward to sharing many more years with you !!
You have a wonderful collection of samplers. Someday, someone will be looking at your samplers too & wondering what kind of person made them and the stories that go along with it! I'm lucky to have several of your homemade goods myself :)
LUV U ♥

janet said...

What great samplers..
I love the look of them..
Have a wonderful week..
The weekend is coming..
The weekend is coming..
LOL...
Have a good one..