Tuesday, August 7, 2012

~More Early Finds~

 As some of you know, I have been on a quest this summer to find more early items for our house.  I have found some wonderful pieces and with every piece I find, I become more and more in love with early pieces.  One day, I would like our home to be filled with early items, but I am trying to learn to take one step at a time!

This past weekend, Jeff and I were able to find three more pieces to add to our ever growing collection of early items.  The first piece we found is a wonderful early drop leaf table.  I love the worn finish on the table and I am currently using it as a sofa table in our keeping room.


I also found the early brown stool that is on the top of the table.  Both of these items came from American Harvest in Paducah, Kentucky.  Eventually, I would like to replace the books that are on the table with early leather books, but like I said before, "One step at a time"!


I found the tin light that is on the table at The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  It is tin and it is handmade.  I thought it was the perfect addition to the table. Peyton refused to move while I was taking these pictures.  I guess he thought I should be taking pictures of him...LOL!


I also found this old coffee box this past weekend at an antique store.  I have been looking for one of these for a long time and I had my eye on this particular one for quite some time.  I placed it in the kitchen.


All in all, I think it was a very fruitful weekend.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

We will be announcing the date for our fall show very soon.  Please keep checking back for more details.  In the meantime, if you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about our sale and images of some of the items that we will be selling, please email us at yesterdayoncemoreprimitives@hotmail.com.

"In quiet places, reason abounds."
~Adlai E. Stevenson~

All My Best,
~Dan~

12 comments:

Simple Pleasures said...

Hi Dan,
Love your new finds! I am finding my decorating taste becoming more prim/colonial and less country these days. I guess I am influenced by all of these lovely blogs I follow, including yours! Stop by soon for a visit.
Michelle

Benita said...

I love your new treasures Dan & I love how you can always find the perfect spot for each new thing that you get ! I have a room of misfits ~ lol !! I get something then I can't find the right spot for it. I wish I had your decorating talent !
Enjoy the rest of your summer too !! HUGSSSSS

janet said...

I love your new pieces and just sent you an email to be added to your mailing list..Have a great week..

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What wonderful new pieces, Dan! I would be thrilled to have any one of those! :)

Tammy

~Sara said...

What a bunch of nice things that you have found. Happy hunting! Blessings~Sara

Y1M said...

Hey Dan ~ Love all your new found treasures. I've yet to make it to American Harvest, but hope to get there soon. The more I see these lamps, the more I'm falling in love with them. Enjoy your new finds.

Hugs,
Marlene

p.s. Assuming you didn't get the memo. Ummmmm, Peyton is allowed to GQ any picture he want's. ;)

Lida said...

Lovely and good finds! The fit perfect in your house! A little stool like that I just won in a give-away! Am I a lucky (old!) girl!
Greetings and thanks for the inspiration!
Lida

Raggedy Creations said...

Love your finds Dan and Peyton is tooooo cute. :)

Felicia

marly said...

GREAT new pieces!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great new finds Dan! I think Peyton is trying to tell you he approves of your new primitive antiques! lol I like seeing him in the pics. You are getting some great pieces. The table has great patina and the stool is awesome. Lori

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Love your finds, especially the coffee bin!!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Wonderful pieces, you always have the best lighting!! ~Kriss~