Monday, June 25, 2012

~Pillows & A Dry Sink~

I know I have been gone a long time, but time just seems to slip away from me these days. I cannot believe that I am already a month into my summer vacation!  Time certainly does fly.

It has been a busy summer so far.  I have four photo shoots to do for A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine at some wonderful houses.  I have also decided to do a craft show this fall!  I am for from a professional when it comes to making primitive handmade items, but I am giving it a try.  I will be selling my cross stitched samplers, stitcheries, and pillows at the show.  I am really excited about it and I am using the lazy days of summer to build up my inventory! = )

Some of you may remember that my mom taught me to sew last summer.  My mom got a new sewing machine for Christmas, so she gave me her old one.  That was two weeks ago.  In that time, I have made 25 pillows for the show!  Here is a very small sampling of the pillows I have made.  Most of these pillows were my first attempts, so that are not the best ones I have made.  I do believe they are getting better with each one a make.












Jeff and I have also been doing a little antique shopping this summer.  Last week, I found this great dry sink at a local antique store.  I placed it in the basement kitchen and used it to display some of my wooden bowls.  I really like the way it turned out!




I will be posting more of my handmade items in the near future so that you can see what I have come up with. 

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here!

"If you ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"
~Jonathon Winters~

All My Best,
~Dan~

8 comments:

Trace4J said...

Love the dry sink and your sweet pillows.
I too am making pillow tucks for Christmas gifts.
Great job.
Blessings
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Lida said...

Wish you succes with the items for the show! Greetings
Lida

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Love your post today and I love the Primitive Place Magazine!

janet said...

Your dry sink is very nice..Also you do lovely work on your stitcheries..You will have a lot of fun..I did my first show last fall with a friend..It was such a great feeling to have people buying things you made yourself..I can't wait to see the rest of your items you made..

Michelle said...

Hi Dan,
I think your pillows are lovely. You sure are a perfectionist and do such beautiful work! I'm sure you will do great at the crafts show. Have a great day and stop over for a visit soon!
xxoo

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dan,

Your pillows are great! I wish you the best at your crafts show! And enjoy the rest of your summer vacation! :)

Tammy

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Dan, your pillows are so sweet, great job!! I also love the drysink, wonderful find,looks so great with the bowls. Blessings Francine.

Stacey Wiseman said...

Hi Dan! Hope you don't get this comment twice; it seems I'm having problems posting a comment today. I love the pillows you made and can I just say again...I love this site! I saw where your home was featured in Country Sampler's Home Tour edition and I have that issue...had to check it out! Thanks again for all of the inspiration! Blessings, Stacey :)