Friday, June 1, 2012

~More Summer Decorating~

I have been doing a little more summer decorating during this first full week of summer vacation.  I thought I would take a few minutes and share what I have been doing with you.

This first picture is off the table in the basement kitchen.  I created a summertime centerpiece in an antique basket that I had.


The flags came from The Olde' Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  Three of the flags are Betsy Ross flags and three of them are fifty star flags.  The greenery came from Hobby Lobby.


 On the dining room table, I filled a wooden box with geraniums.  I found the geraniums at Hobby Lobby.


I really like how it turned out!


I think it makes the entire room feel more like summer.


Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance."
~Bern Williams~

All My Best,
~Dan~

17 comments:

Raggedy Creations said...

very pretty Dan.

Felicia

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Looks really pretty!

~Sara said...

It sure looks summery. I just love the basket of flags ~so nice! Blessings ~Sara

Pam said...

Why didn't I know you were on Pinterest!!! I'm following you now. I love the gernaniums in the box. Hope you're enjoying your summer vacation.

Rebecca said...

Simple, Refreshing, Beautiful... Summer!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Beautiful displays Dan! I Love it!
Have a wonderful weekend!

busybee said...

I love using geraniums this time of year & all of the reds just really cheer up the space & are so fitting for the 4th :) LOOKS FANTASTIC!

Prims By The Water said...

Love your Summer tablescapes! Take care, Janice

ann hermes said...

The box of geraniums is lovely. I am going to try it, too!

alltheseboys said...

No wonder I couldn't find geraniums at Hobby Lobby...you have them! Lol...very pretty.

Lida said...

That looks nice! Greetings
Lida

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I really like the base the basket is sitting on. I think I am going to get my hubby to make one for me. I have never seen an old one. I like the geraniums!
Louise

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Dan~ wonderful display~ but oh, I love the first one~ the table is beautiful~ very inspiring~
smiles
Teresa

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Hi Dan,
Everything looks wonderful!
I wanted to share something that happened yesterday.
My daughter and I were out viewing houses for sale and on the way home from C'Ville I turned down your road heading back toward home.
I pointed out your house to her, and she said...
"OMGosh, that is so pretty! We should buy that one."
I giggled and said, "Well, its not for sale and I dont think Dan and Jeff would let us move in with them." LOL!

Hope you are having a fabulous Summer.
And yes, my daughter was right...
Your home looks beautiful, in photos and even more so in person.
:)
Tam

janet said...

It all looks so nice..
I too love the geraniums..

Diane said...

Looking good! Love the centrepiece for the diningroom. I just love that room....along with your entire house of course! Following on Pinterest. Have a great summer break my friend. Diane

Anonymous said...

You know i dont usual comment, but i really like your blog and i thought i would introduce myself. I have been reading it for awhile but this is my 1st comment.