Tuesday, June 5, 2012

~The Antique Shuffle~

One of the many perks of having the summer off is that I have time to tweak things in our house.  I have already started doing the antique shuffle and I am really having a good time.

Jeff and I were out shopping a couple of weeks ago and we found this wonderful cupboard.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.  We decided to get it and we placed it in the keeping room. 


I decided that I wanted to put my ever growing collection of yellowware in the new cupboard.  Some of my bowls were too wide to fit so I placed them on their sides.  At first, I didn't like it, but now I have decided that I love how it looks.  I also recently found some yellowware mugs.  After a little research, I discovered that they are root beer mugs from the 30's.


 Since I put the new cupboard where the Hoosier used to be, I needed to find a new home for the Hoosier.  I put it in the basement where the black Hoosier used to be.  Now the black Hoosier is in the garage.  It may be looking for a new home soon. = )


I also did some rearranging on the counter tops in the basement kitchen.  I am trying to go with a more primitive and simple look on the counter tops.  This is what I came up with.




Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."
~Doug Floyd~

All My Best,
~Dan~

12 comments:

Pam said...

I like that potato masher display! Your new cupboard is awesome. I have never seen yellowware mugs before, now I will be on the lookout for them. Enjoy your summer with the furry kids. August will be here before you know it.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

What a nice piece and your collection is gorgeous. Love yellow ware. Don't actually see much of it here on the west coast.

Lida said...

Love the new cupboard the brown bottles on top are looking great! Enjoy your summer! Greetings
Lida

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Dan, I love your new cabinet with the yellowware. I always turn some of my bowls up and then nestle some smaller bowls in them to break up a display. Those mugs are gorgeous! Enjoy your summer with long days of fluffing things around your nest.
Donna

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love the antique potato mashers! My mom still has hers and uses it all the time! I'm secretly trying to see how I can get it in my house without her realizing! Enjoyed your photos!

Prims By The Water said...

I did not kno about the yellowware mugs before. Thanks for sharing that info. Loving your redos. Take care, Janice

janet said...

Great cupboard..
Everything looks so nice..
Have a great week..

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Dan, found your blog and fell in love with your prim home, wonderful. Did a great antique shuffle, mashers and boards look prim perfect to.Also did not know about the mugs, me loves yelloware to. Blessings Francine.

Diane said...

I'm lovin' that cupboard, I would have bought it up immediately as well! Looks wonderful in its new home. Diane

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Such a nice find Dan. I laughed reading even the title. lol
What better way for you to spend your summer than tweaking your home.
I thought of you all day yesterday but never got by til this morning.
Hope you continue to enjoy your summer.
Love ya
Maggie

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I used to work in a gallery. I learned that if you move one thing that it becomes a game of domino's! Once you start shuffling one thing it always leads to another!
I love all of your yellow ware. I have bowls which I have collected for many many years, buying them back when you could buy one for five dollars!
Looks like you are enjoying your summer!
Louise

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hey Sweetheart
Just came by to say hello and to see how it's going with you since school is out.
Take care and sending you good wishes for the best tweaking ever.
Love ya
Maggie