Monday, May 14, 2012

~ A Little Rearranging Once More~

You all know how much I like to tweak my collections.  Well, I got the opportunity to do a little tweaking lately and I am really pleased with everything I did.

This first bit of tweaking occurred when I went to one of my favorite primitive stores, The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  I found a wonderful tin light and decided to create a little reading nook in the music room.  I am really happy with how it turned out.


In addition to the lamp, I place a tea cup, one of the samplers I made, and an old book.


We also replaced the lights in the dining room a couple of weekends ago. This was the last room that we needed to change the light fixtures in.  Now all of the lights in our house fit in better with my primitive/Colonial style.  I ordered the lights from Country Store of Geneva.  I have ordered all of my lights from there and I have been very happy with them.




We also changed the light above the front door.  It matches the one that is above the dining room table only it is smaller.






Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"Creativity, as has been said, consists largely of rearranging what we know in order to find out what we do not know.  Hence, to think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted."
~George Kneller~

All My Best,
~Dan~

16 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

LOVE the new light fixtures, Dan!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

The Moonlit Stitch said...

It is good to rearrange and create new - especially during the start of a new season! Your home is so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration ~*~Lisa

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Wonderful lights and lamp. Your home always looks gorgeous.

janet said...

Beautiful..Love the new lights..Have a wonderful week..

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your newest arrangement ~ the little tea cup adds the perfect touch!!!
Love the light fixtures too.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lida said...

That looks fantastic, I would love to sit in that cosy corner and reed a book! The lamps are delightful and I wished I could fine those over here! Enjoy! Greetings
Lida

ann hermes said...

The tea cup is the perfect touch. I love transferware.

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Everything looks wonderful.
Hugs,
Tam

Raggedy Creations said...

Love your tweaks Dan.

Felicia

Benita said...

I love your new light fixtures Dan & I absolutely love that chair in your reading nook !!
I can't wait to see what you have planned for the summer !!
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

Judy said...

Love the new lights! Your home is just perfect!

~Judy~

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Your home as always looks GREAT!

Prims By The Water said...

Tweaking is fun! Love your little reading area Dan. I have purchased many items from Geneva Country Store and loved them. Take care, Janice

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How are you sweetheart! I do love your new light fixtures and the lamp in your reading nook is a tremendous find. I have never seen one like this before I saw yours on facebook. I love it.
Your home is amazing but look who does the tweaking.
Hope all is well and your having a gorgeous week.
Love ya
Maggie

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

The tweaking is half the fun isn't it? Love the little lamp on the side table and your wonderful dining room with those gorgeous windsor chairs.

Twinkle Terrior said...

You have the best touch and warm style Dan !! It is a home that is so welcoming even from the pics! Have a great w-end!