Friday, May 25, 2012

~It's Summer Once More~

Well, yesterday was the last official day of school for the 2011-2012 school year.  There really is no other feeling like the last day of school.  The year is behind me and the entire summer is before me.


To me, the first day of summer break is the best. The possibilities are endless and every carefree day is before me. As always, I have several projects that I would like to complete this summer.  Make sure you keep checking back to see what is going on around here. = )

In honor of the first day of summer vacation, I gave my door box the summer treatment.  This is how it turned out.


I added geraniums, twigs, and three flags with 13 stars on them.  I got the geraniums and flags from The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  The twigs came from the yard! = )


I am really happy with how it turned out and it definitely put me in a summertime mood.


Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"Summertime is always the best of what might be."
~Charles Bowden~

All My Best,
~Dan~

10 comments:

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I remember that feeling of summer's being endless when I was young! Time goes so fast now. I like the door box. Nice and festive! I will be looking forward to your summer projects.
Louise

Never So Simple said...

Dan,

I saw this on FB. I just wanted to tell you I love it!

Donna

Judy said...

Enjoy your summer, Dan! I can't wait to see what you are up to in the house! Never mind, you did all that last year! It must be outside! I am so jealous...I have to go through June 8th! When do you start? It must be mighty early because we didn't have a single snow day this year! May the summer be filled with family and friends and go by VERY slowly!

~Judy~

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

My Sweet Dan this is just the best door display ever. I love love it.
What a great way to greet everyone especially this weekend.
Thought of you yesterday wondering if your school year had ended.
Sending you the best wishes for the most glorious special summer ever.
I do hope nothing but happy lovely summer days lie ahead for you.
No one deserves it more that you
Love ya
Maggie

Prims By The Water said...

Yeah to Summer! Love how you changed up your door box. Tak care, Janice

Elisha said...

have a great summer off! love the door display... hope you dont mind but i "pinned" it on pinterest (giving you credit of course ) love the 13 star flags... need to find some. love your door color as well...need to paint mine that color!

janet said...

I love the door box arrangement you chose..Summer is officially here to me when school is out..I can't wait to see what you and Jeff come up with for projects this summer..Have a great Memorial Day..

Anonymous said...

Love your door color too! What paint did you use? Is the door wood or metal? Did you need to prime before painting?

Y1M said...

Wonderful door box display Dan. Hope you enjoy your Summer, as I'm sure it's so deserving.

Hugs,
Marlene

Dan said...

The color of the paint I used is called Kiln. It is a Martha Stewart Living color available at Home Depot. OUr door is metal and I did not prime it before I painted it. I hope this helps!

~Dan~