Tuesday, April 17, 2012

~Yard Work Once More~

We have had such an early spring this year that Jeff and I have found ourselves ahead of schedule when it comes to our yard work.

It always makes me feel so much better to get rid of those left behind dried leaves and trim the bushes and spread fresh mulch.  I love the smell of mulch and it makes me think of spring and summer.  When you're a teacher in the finally stretch of the school year any glimpse of summer vacation is a welcomed sight! = )

A couple of weekends ago, Jeff and I were in the yard armed with the hedge trimmers and a pile of fresh mulch to spread.  I thought I would share some pictures of how everything turned out.










Even looking at these pictures now, I am amazed at how green everything is!

I also wanted to share an idea I had for adding a little color to a wooden bowl.  I had a wooden bowl sitting on an old bench in the sun room and it looked so empty and colorless.  I decided to add some dried cranberries and a dried orange slice to spruce it up and give it some much needed color.


Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
~Audrey Hepburn~

All My Best,
~Dan~

19 comments:

Pam said...

If you like mulch so much you are more than welcome to come over here and spread mine :). Our new dog is loving laying in the mulch and then it gets stuck in her fur. Then she drags it inside, so I've been keeping busy keeping the carpet clean too. But there is something awesome about a freshly mulched flower bed!

Terri at Finder's Keeper's said...

Your hard work paid off.....beautiful yard.

Prims By The Water said...

I wish that the weather would cooperate here in Michigan so that I could remove the dead leaves from my flower beds. The leavs protect my perrenials. Love your beds..and loe the simple addition to he wood bowl. Take care, Janice

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Love the look of freshly mulched beds. Which reminds me--we had better get busy doing the very same thing!!--Jan

janet said...

You are really ahead of schedule in the yard..It all looks lovely..

joanne said...

the cranberries and orange were just what the bowl needed...looks so fresh and springy. AND the yard looks fantastic too...have a good week.

Lida said...

It really looks need, but maybe you can put in some bulbs in the Autumn so you will have flowers in the Spring? There are so many you can choose from! Here the tulips are giving color to the garden! But I love the red in yours! Greetings
Lida

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Your yard looks great! Wish mine was as neat and clean as yours.
I spied the barn and the chicken house in one pic! Do you have plans to fix them up someday?
Louise

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Fresh mulch is so beautiful. The flowers really stand out. Now when are you coming to my house? :)

Robyn ♥ said...

Beautiful yard!! I wish I had as much land as you have. I love the picture with your old barn in the background. So serene!!

Benita said...

All of the hard work that you & Jeff put inside & outside of your house really shows Dan !!
I love the cranberries & orange slice in the bowl too, simply beautiful !
Enjoy the rest of your week sweetie, sending you lotsa LUVS~N~HUGS !!

Angie Berry said...

I know Dan, hasn't this early spring weather been wonderful?? Your place is beautiful! The new mulch and pretty green really contrast well together and gives your place a new, inviting feel to it.

The dried cranberries and orange slice add just the right pop of color to your wooden bowl, love it!

Janice said...

Everything looks beautiful! We've been working on our beds and mulch too. The weather is beautiful this week so hopefully we can get it done and then relax and enjoy it.
Take Care,
Janice

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Nothing makes a yard/house look fresher than new laid mulch. I love the black color you used. (it is black isn't it???)
We put down black mulch two years ago and will do it again this year.
All looks so nice.
Karen

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

The beds look so fresh~ so clean & ready~
Just love the hardware on your shutters & garage doors the photo of the garage with the old out buildings in the backdrop is Beautiful!!
thanks for sharing~
Teresa

Sharon said...

Your yard is just so beautiful!!!
I love your little bushes in the front.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Dan: If you would like a little trip to CA you and Jeff can do my yard! WOW! It looks like a new house, so neat and tidy! Thanks for the tip on the Cranberries and orange slice; I just might try that on my sun-porch and maybe it would make it smell fresh??
{{HUGS}}
Joy

Libbie said...

Holy Moley your yard is perfect! Making me a little jealous :) But just glad to be able to enjoy yours!

Y1M said...

Beautiful Dan. I too love the look and smell of fresh mulch. I need to get busy and complete our yard task too...we have to lay soil down first...then we will be ready for the mulch. I get so happy this time of the year. Very rewarding when it's all done.

Interesting you shared the cranberry bowl filler. Your berries are such a wonderful pop of color against the bowl and orange slice. I'd been looking for mine (dried cranberries) last week...just hate it when I hide things from myself. ;)

Enjoy your wonderful yard.

Hugs,
Marlene