Wednesday, April 4, 2012

~Goodies from the Olde Homestead~

Last Saturday, I did a magazine signing at The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  While I was there, I picked up some wonderful goodies that I wanted to share with you.  If you live in the Illinois area, it would really be worth your time to visit The Olde Homestead.  Their new shop is amazing!

Speaking of amazing shops, the shop of Dan DiPaolo and Jamey Berger, Fried Green Tomatoes, has released their event schedule.  I wanted to share it with you so that you might be able to make one of their events.  I am hoping to attend one of them this summer too.  The shop is wonderful and Dan and Jamey are wonderful guys.  You will not regret making the trip.




Now, on to my goodies that I found at The Olde Homestead.  I found this wonderful primitive bird.  I placed it on the desk in the keeping room.  I believe that it was meant to be a spring decoration, but I will keep it out all year.


I also found this wonderful handmade Teddy bear.  I love him and I placed him on the bed in one of our guest bedrooms.


I have also been looking for some pillows to add to the sofa in the keeping room.  I found these wonderful Family Heirloom Weavers pillows.  They are black and tan and I love the extra color that they bring to the sofa.




What do you think of my goodies?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too!  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else."
~Judy Garland~

All My Best,
~Dan~

4 comments:

janet said...

I LOVE it all..I have a pair of curtains from Family Weavers and the quality is unbelievable..I really like the pillows on your couch along with your other special finds..I bet it was a lot of fun signing your name for an admiring audience..What an HONOR..Have a great EASTER..

Lida said...

Mmm I love that bear! It is so cute! And the cushions make a good finish to your sofa! The duck is great fun and I like to have things around me all year long, so enjoy! Greetings
Lida

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love those pillows. I too find it hard to find pillows that will go with my prim decor especially out here in SoCal. Not a lot of prim decorating going on here.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I love the bear. There is just something about them that makes you feel like you have a friend and are not alone.