Tuesday, April 10, 2012

~Folk Artist Spotlight...Johanna Parker~

I am back with another folk artist spotlight.  I am very excited about this folk artist spotlight.  I am featuring folk artist, Johanna Parker.


I decided to feature Johanna second because she is the daughter of my first folk artist spotlight, Kathy Parker.  So quite literally, if there was no Kathy Parker there would have been no Johanna Parker.  Johanna is a wonderful artist.  She is probably most known for her Halloween designs, but she has a multitude of designs for all the seasons.  Johanna was even born on Halloween so it seems that she was meant to make October 31st a very important day in her life.


Johanna's work has been featured in Many different magazines including A Primitive Place & Country Journal, Celebrate by Phyllis Hoffman, Country Home, Country Sampler, and Holiday by Matthew Mead.  Johanna has a large following of collectors who avidly collect her original works which she sells through her website www.johannaparkerdesign.com.


Johanna and her husband JP make their home in Colorado along with their very photogenic black cat, Jack.  They attend folk artists shows including the Halloween Trunk Show which will take place on September 29, 2012 in Denver, Colorado and the Ghoultide Gathering which will take place on October 5-6, 2012 in Chelsea, Michigan.  Johanna will also be hosting her 10th annual Holiday Open House at her home in Lakewood Colorado on December 1-2, 2012.


Johanna's work is sold through a variety of online websites including Bayberry Cove, The Holiday Barn, Primitives by KathyShelley B. Home & Holiday, Traditions, and Vintage Halloween Store.  (You may click on any of the above names to go to Johanna's page.) 


Johanna also has her own Zazzle Shop which features unique items with some of Johanna's wonderful illustrations. 


Most of Johanna's art is created through papier-mache, but she is also a very talented illustrator.


One thing that I like about Johanna's designs is that they fit seamlessly into any style of home.  They look wonderful in vintage homes, primitive homes, or more traditions homes.  You can see Johanna's love of the holidays through all of her designs.  For me, they remind me of the holiday decorations that we in our home when I was a kid.  I think that is one reason I love Johanna's designs so much.


I guess Jeff summed it up best when he said, "Johanna Parker has some wicked talent."  I am pretty sure he meant that as a huge compliment! = )


I would like to thank Johanna Parker for allowing me to feature her on my blog.  It is quite an honor!  I also want to thank her for allowing me to use pictures of her work from her blog.  Johanna and her husband, JP, are also very talented photographers.

I also wanted to share some of my collection of Johanna Parker's folk art.  They always put a smile on my face when I look at them!













If you would be interested in collecting some of Johanna's original, one of a kind, pieces or if you would like to be kept up to date about what is going on in Johanna Parker's world of art, you can join her mailing list by clicking here.  Just fill out the form on the bottom left of the screen.  You can also visit Johanna's blog by clicking here.  Make sure you tell her that Dan sent you! = )

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween."
~Erma Bombeck~

All My Best,
~Dan~


10 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Another wonderful spotlight on another wonderful artist! Thanks! ~*~Lisa

Elma said...

I LOVE her!!!

janet said...

Beautiful photos on your featured artist..
You have some wonderful pieces..
Have a great week..

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Dan, thanks for sharing! I follow her blog, love her work! OLM

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Dan, interesting post. Love Johanna's artwork. Thanks for accepting me on Facebook!!-smiles--Jan

Lida said...

I don not love all her work, but I really love the snowmen and the Santa's! I think it is because those are also fitting in the European taste! Have a nice day, greetings
Lida

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Such a wonderful feature.
You certainly do 'find the best' to report!
I have several pieces of hers as well...and love them all. I especially have the Halloween ones and get sad when I have to put them away...and no, I don't have to, but you know - it makes me anxious to get them out next season. Makes them more special to look forward to.
Excellent post.
Karen

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Thank you Dan. That was a wonderful story. I've liked her work for years and years, she's the best.
Hugs,
Susan

Johanna Parker said...

OH, it's fun to read all these nice comments, and I am thrilled to be featured on your wonderful blog, Dan :)

Thank you so very much, everyone!

~ Johanna :)

Y1M said...

Another great feature Dan. And, the photos of Johanna's are beautiful...what great talent.

Thanks for sharing,
Marlene