Monday, March 26, 2012

~Three Samplers & a Wooden Bowl~

I have been working on several samplers for the last couple of months.  I really wish that I would get faster...LOL!  Anyway, they all seemed to come together at the same time so I thought I would share them with you.

This first sampler is called "School Days".  I made it for my friend, Jerrah, to give to the former superintendent of our school district.


The second one is called "The Blake Homestead".  I made it for a friend of mine to give to his mother for her 70th birthday.


The third one is called "100 Years of Faith & Learning".  I made it for my niece, Katie's, school to auction off in April.  The are having an auction to raise money for their school.  The school is celebrating its 100th anniversary.  My sister-in-law, Amy, asked me to come up with a sampler that they could auction off.  This is what I came up with.


Last weekend, Jeff and I went to one of my favorite antique stores, American Harvest.  It is located in Paducah, Kentucky and they have the best selection of early antiques and primitives that I have ever seen.  I found this wonderful wooden bowl.  I absolutely love it!




Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work."
~Colin Powell~

All My Best,
~Dan~

9 comments:

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Hi Dan: Just caught your samplers and WOW! they are wonderful! Makes me want to get back into cross-stitching. Your bowl is marvelous, too. Bowls in good condition can be so hard to find so you were lucky.
Have a great week!
HUGS,
Joy

Lida said...

Wow I love the wooden bowl, it is magnificent, but so are also your samplers! How nice you made those lovely patterns for friends and family! I see that it are all really American houses, so lovely!
Greetings
Lida

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Dan those are wonderful. I would love to recv one of those as a gift so I know they will cherish them. Great bowl. I am only 3000 miles away so I won't get there soon I think. We are lacking god antique stores here in SoCal.

Pam said...

You are getting very good at making samplers. I wish I had that kind of patience.

janet said...

The wooden bowl is great and those samplers are fabulous...I love how you put the year on the sampler to be auctioned off..Anyone would be lucky to win that in the school auction..Beautiful work..Have a wonderful week..

Angie Berry said...

Those are awesome samplers Dan! I love how each one is customized, that is so neat! I've been stitching for many, many years and still haven't attempted that, lol.

What an awesome wooden bowl! I have one very similar to it that belonged to my FIL's mother. It is big and very worn like yours. It is my focal point on the extended bar counter. I've had it many years and still haven't came across another like it that is affordable. They are outrageously priced around here. Great find~

Diane said...

The samplers are beautifully done, you did an excellent job. I am thinking this just might be a good hobby for me to start doing! Diane

handmade said...

What a great blog !!!!! love the things you make and the things you tell, the samplers are beautiful and the magazine looks great too. I will definitely come back BR from The Netherlands

Y1M said...

Beautiful Samplers Dan...and your work is Fabulous. Love the bowl too. I am looking forward to the day I make the trip...would love to visit American Harvest one day.

Hugs,
Marlene