Sunday, March 4, 2012

~Primitives a Plenty~

 Yesterday Jeff and I went to two wonderful antique shows.  The first one was the Country Spirit Antique Show in Arcola, Illinois.  The second was the Homesteaders on the Prairie Antique Show in Arthur, Illinois.  They were both wonderful shows and I do not believe that I have seen that many primitives all rounded up in one place before.  I could have bought a thousand different things, but I restrained myself. = )  These are the items that I found.


I got this cheese board at the show in Arcola.  I had never seen one before.  For now, I have it on the island in the basement kitchen.


I found three breadboards to add to my growing collection at the show in Arthur.  The three in the front are the ones I bought yesterday.


Benita, me, and Cheryl

I also had a very nice surprise yesterday at the show in Arthur.  I was looking around and all of a sudden, I heard someone call my name.  I looked up to see who was speaking to me.  It was a friend that I have gotten to know through my blog and facebook, Benita!  I guess I have known Benita since I started blogging, but we had never met in person.  Benita has always been such a sweet friend to me and she was just as sweet in person.  I also met Cheryl who I have gotten to know through facebook and who shared some wonderful cross stitch patterns with me.  Both ladies were so nice and it was wonderful to meet them.  I was so glad that Benita recognized me.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest, by clicking ~here~.

"A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
~Arnold Glascow~

All My Best,
~Dan~

11 comments:

Lida said...

Wow I saw a French cheese board like you got recently in a friends house! She collects them too! Is yours also that large? It will look wonderful in your collection! Greetings
Lida

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the cheese board you found.I've been looking for a round one like that for awhile.So wonderful when you met blog friends in person.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Benita said...

Hi Dan ~ I love the cheese board and bread boards that you found !!
It was very nice to meet you too, you are the sweetest guy that I know : ) I hope our paths will cross again soon !
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Dan ~ Great patina on the boards~ Happy for you all to meet up in person~ amazing isn't it the folks we can meet state to state from blogging~
smiles
Teresa

basketsnprims said...

great finds, Dan. One of my friends attended, she said there were some awesome treasures there. Isn't it fun to meet FB and blogging friends? thanks for sharing
pam

Prims By The Water said...

I wish i could have been at those shows..I have heard about them. Lovely breadboards. So nice that you could meet your new friends. Take care, Janice

Carla said...

Hi Dan,
I love the round board. I would love to have one to add to my collection. I attended the shows, too. It's so much fun to see so many wonderful things all in one place, isn't it? Did you go to the show at the Otto Center in Arthur, too? It's our favorite. It was nice that you were able to meet your online friends.
Carla

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Love blogging friends. They are kindred spirits. You are tall Dan.

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Dan, Looks like you found some great treausres! I have always wanted to go to that show.... sigh...And to met up with some FB/blogger friends so much fun!!! I got to that couple of weeks ago when I met Tammy from a Primitive Place... then she tells me you live near by too... didn't know that... then I was in Lebanon and reconized Kimberly fromt eh Patroit homeplace! OLM

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderful additions to your collection Dan - That cheeseboard is a treasure - you don't see those too often any more.....Fun photo of you, Benita, and Cheryl. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Angie Berry said...

Nice boards, they will look wonderful with your collection! I love the circle one, they are very rare around here. When you do find them, it is usually the smaller sizes not one that big. Great find!

How fun to meet facebook and blog friends! I hope to do some of that this year.