Wednesday, March 28, 2012

~An Exciting Event at The Olde Homestead~

If you have followed my blog for very long, you have heard me talk about one of my favorite primitive stores, The Olde Homestead, which is located in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  If you have ever been there, you know why I love it so much.  It is a wonderful place full of some of the best primitive/Colonial items around.  The shopkeeper, Kathy Lemay, is one of the sweetest people I have met.  Jeff and I always enjoy our visits to the shop.

Well, The Olde Homestead has some very exciting news.  They are moving to a much, much, much bigger location.  I am sure you know what that means...more room for primitive/Colonial decor.  To celebrate their new home, The Olde Homestead is having a Spring Thyme Gathering on Friday, March 30th through Sunday, April 1st.  It promises to be three fun-filled days!

On Saturday, March 31st from 1:00-3:00, I will be at The Olde Homestead signing issues of A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine.  I will be joined by Jan Yaeger who is the author of the great children's book Matilda's Upside Down Smile.  I hope that if you live in the area, you can make it to The Olde Homestead to see me and Jan.  If you cannot make it on Saturday, I urge you to try to come some other time.  I promise that you will not be sorry that you made the trip.


Spring Thyme Gathering
The Olde Homestead
618 S. 42nd Street
Mt. Vernon, Illinois 62864
618-246-1055

Friday, March 30th   5-9pm
Saturday, March 31st   10-5pm
Sunday, April 1st   12-5pm 

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More.  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can.  Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook.  I would love to see you there too.  You can also follow Yesterday Once More on pinterest by clicking here.

"I have been very happy with my homes, but homes really are no more than the people who live in them."
~Nancy Reagan~

All My Best,
~Dan~

6 comments:

janet said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer to you..I would love to be able to attend and get that autograph from you..Have a great time..

Betsy's Basket Blog said...

This is so crummy ... I live to far away from all the good stuff. I can't even get my magazine signed - it's just not fair!

Lynn said...

Hello,
I so wished that I lived closer to your area. Do you ever travel to North Carolina? If you ever do, I would love to take you to lunch or dinner at a wonderful little place in the town of Claremont, North Carolina! Wonderful southern style food and a great place to sit, relax, talk, and eat!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and the store sounds like a wonderful place to visit!
Just wanted to say that I love the way you have decorated your home and I must confess that I am just a tad bit jealous of some of the awesome collections you have!
Hugs,
Lynn

Lida said...

It is to far away for me, but I wish I could come! Lots of success tot you and to them!
Greetings
Lida

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Dan, How much fun is that!!! Wehn hubby and I were on our little trip last month I got to stop in there, the old shop now.... Found a few treasures.... I know she doesn't allow others to take pictures. I had asked... So i hope somewhere there will be pictures of the new shop, can wait to see it! have fun! OLM

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you have fun Dan..and wish I could go over and visit. Sping Blessings and take care, Janice