Friday, January 6, 2012

~Family Pictures~

Every Christmas we take family pictures to include in our Christmas cards. Some years it is just the Ps and other years it is all of us. This year, we decided that the entire family would be included in the picture. So, a couple of weekends before Christmas our friend, Jerrah, came over to help us take our family pictures.

I had lots of cute ideas for the picture, but when you are dealing with two adults and three puppies, it is hard to achieve the look you are going for. We took about fifty pictures that evening. Here is a small sampling of some of the pictures that were worth sharing.








This one of Paycee was the first picture we took that evening. As you can see, she was not too excited about the whole photo shoot thing.



I love this picture of the Ps. They look so sweet and innocent. From left to right they are Peyton (boy), Paycee (girl), and Parker (girl).



This was the very last picture we took that evening. It ended up being the one that we chose to use in our Christmas card. As you can see, Paycee had the same attitude during number 50 as she did during number 1. = )



I am pretty happy with the way that most of the pictures turned out. Maybe I will be able to impliment my cute ideas next year, but I doubt it!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too!

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu~

All My Best,
~Dan~

19 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

You all look great! Paycee's lack of enthusiasm is funny and sweet!
Have a Happy New Year!
Courtney

Debby said...

Good pictres. I like the last oe the best also. The dogs are adorable.

Brenda said...

I personally think that all the photos are wonderful! The Ps are just darling and very photogenic. ;) Paycee makes me laugh with her determination to take a rest. The final photo is perfect. Great job getting the Ps to sit through 50 takes! Happy New Year!

janet said...

Paycee is hysterical in the photos..Just like kids,there's always one that is not interested in getting their photo taken..Your friend did a nice job..Have a great weekend..

Prims By The Water said...

50 Pictures...WOW..how did you ever get the Ps to sit for that many? I don't think I could even sit for that many. LOL. They are great though. Take care, Janice

jojo said...

those are all fantastic, I like the third one the best though! Happy New Year.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Wow! Pics #2 & #4 are hang-over-the-fireplace-mantel worthy! The rest are so darn cute, too. We tried to do our 125 lb dogchild in a santa hat one year for card...didn't work out LOL! Happy new year and blessings (love that quilt!) ~*~Lisa

alltheseboys said...

Did you ever think maybe Paycee just wasn't happy with the fact that you made her wear the same outfit as "the boys"....ugh! Lol..cute pics!!!

primitive ole frugal mumma said...

These are the cutes picture's and i think all puppys done a fantastic job to sit still for that many photo's :-) and i love there little christmas outfits!!

Heidi!!

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

Great photos of your family!
Thanks for sharing!!
♥'s
Sherry

Lida said...

Fun pictures all!, Her no possibillity to take a good picture of our dog, she doen't sit still for a moment! Greetings
Lida

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Simply adorable~
smiles
Teresa

Penny said...

Wonderful pics! The last one was a great one to choose for your cards -- and I love the one with the 3 P's laying there sweet, innocent, and OVER IT!!

You must do a good job training them. At our house, we have the most uncooperative pets ever -- and could never do that.... (but we love them anyway!)

Happy New Year!

Janice said...

What a nice looking family! : ) They all turned out really good. You are so blessed!
Your Friend,
Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Some great photos Dan - your friend did an amazing job - but I think you chose well - I love that last one. And, hey - I have that same exact Christmas book!!! It's wonderful, isn't it??? Wishing you a blessing-filled Sunday....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Pam said...

You have a very photogenic family! I love the first one where you are reading them a book.

Angie Berry said...

Adorable pictures! But I just had to laugh at Paycee, she was not into it at all, lol.

Have a fantastic weekend~

Trace4J said...

Beautiful Family photos!
Blessings Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

My Journey With Candida said...

I have been looking through your blog and love all your ideas. I might give drying a pineapple a try one of these days.

Great family pictures!