Wednesday, December 28, 2011

~Images of Christmas 2011~

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! It has been a busy time here at Yesterday Once More, but I wanted to stop in and share some of my favorite images from Christmas 2011!

I was so happy with the way our door box turned out this year!


I also loved how the door looked as people entered the house.



I came up with a new way to display our Christmas cards this year using jute.







This is the dining room table all set for our Christmas Eve dinner.



I designed and stitched everyone a cross stitched ornament this year. I used the ornaments as place cards.


I set the table using my snowman dishes, scarlet Fiesta, and shamrock Fiesta.





I really love how the centerpiece turned out this year. I thought it looked really Colonial.











This is my niece Katie all dressed up after Christmas Eve mass.


This is Katie and Jake blowing out the candles on baby Jesus' birthday cake.



I filled a lot of spaces with natural greenery that Jeff cut for me.















These last two pictures show how Jeff and the Ps felt after all of the merry making! = )





I hope you enjoyed seeing some images from our Christmas celebrations. I hope that you found yourself enjoying the company of all of the people you love and that you had a chance to reflect on Christmases past and on the true meaning of the season.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Do not forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too!

"The moment after Christmas every child thinks of his birthday." ~Stephen Uys~

All My Best,
~Dan~

15 comments:

annie said...

I love seeing pictures of your house. I love your displays. I hope the love of God draws you near Him. I hope you have a Very Happy New Year. I hope all the little Ps recover nicely after a long winter's nap!

Prims By The Water said...

Jeff and the P's looked like me after Christmas... Your front door and centerpiece were awesome. I don't have great luck with fresh greenery. Katie looked so adorable in her Christmas dress and Jake looked handsome too! Thank you for sharing your wonderful home with us and I hope you, Jeff and the P's have a very Happy New Year! Janice

janet said...

You have a beautiful home and your little niece and nephew are adorable..Glad you had a great Christmas..
HaPpY NeW YeAr..

Sherri Farley said...

Very nice tour.....your home is lovely! Happy New Year.

primlin56 said...

dan....i love the way your home feels....it shows very well in your pictures all the love that you two have filled it with...your touches are just wonderful....thanks so much for sharing them with all of us...happy new year's to you both....

Lida said...

Hallo Dan,
Thanks for sharing your Xmas with me, I really love your fantasticly decorated house! Greetings
Lida

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your home looks wonderful as always Dan!! And I agree, the centerpiece does look so colonial!

I think the last few months played catch up with me because I feel just like Jeff and the P's did in the last pics today!!

Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy and Healthy New year!! I think it is just going to get better and better with APP & CJ and can't wait to see what 2012 brings us!!

Warm hugs!!

Sharon said...

I love how you decorated your house and that front door.
What a great idea for name tags.
Our little furbaby looks like your Ps and Jeff after all of the grands left.
Thanks for sharing your home and do have a Blessed New Year.

Raggedy Creations said...

Love all the pictures Dan. The ones with the greenery are very pretty, then comes cleanup when the needles dry out. Thanks for sharing.

Felicia

Amish Stories said...

A happy holidays to you as well and happy new years as well. Richard

Benita said...

Wonderful Christmas pictures Dan!! Your little neice looks sooo cute in her beautiful white dress !! Your house looks fabulous ~ as always !! And I really like the way you displayed your Christmas cards too ~ I saw the one I sent you : )
Such a cute picture of Jeff and 2 and the P's too !!
I'm glad you had a very Merry Christmas !!
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

Darline said...

Thank you and Jeff so much for inviting us into your home via this blog. I always enjoy my visit, your home is some warm and welcoming. The 3 P's are so precious too!!
May you all enjoy many blessing in the new year!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like a very merry time was had by all! I love your door box and your wonderful centerpiece - but the creme de la creme are those awesome cross-stitched ornament/place cards. What a wonderful keepsake from what I'm sure was a perfectly magically evening....Love the last sofa photo....Those pups are precious! Wising you a wonderful new year full of joys, hope and promise.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

flutterbygone's said...

THANK YOU! You have NO idea how much you have inspired my morning by sharing these pics!!! I have always loved prims and have had little "vignettes" all around my home, but this year I am ready to decorate all over with a more prim atmostphere! You home is beautiful and so warm! You and tell that you and Jeff take such pride in it!!!

Angie Berry said...

Beautiful Colonial touches throughout, Dan. Love the door box! The table is set so lovely!

Our Christmas cards have always been displayed in a basket. This year I taped them around the wide door frame in the dining room, but I love the jute idea so I'll have to pin that to my Pinterest so I can do that next year. =]

Aw, Katie is a beautiful young girl! Her and Jake are just adorable blowing out the candles on Jesus' cake. Very sweet indeed.

That's the way I've looked all week after Christmas, hehe. I told my husband that I am going to spend the week catching up on all my blogs so I can start new... and that's exactly what I've done all week. It's been nice being lazy but I'm itching to get going again.

Enjoy the year ahead~