Saturday, December 17, 2011

~Cooking Up Some Christmas in the Kitchen~

Today I am going to share pictures with you of our kitchen and keeping room decorated for Christmas. I am really happy with the way it turned out. So, take a look around and I will tell you what I did.

This is the view of the kitchen that can be seen from the dining room.


This is the wall that is on the left side as you enter the kitchen from the dining room. I display some of my vintage Fiesta in the glass covered cabinets. I have recently started collecting early breadboards and you can see two of my latest finds on the top of the cabinets behind the brown beehive crocks.



Here is a closer picture of the tree in the kitchen. Jeff and I made everything on this tree with the exception of the snowman on top. We dried oranges and apples. We strung cranberries and popcorn. We made the gingerbread men out of salt dough, painted them, and then dipped them into wax.



Here are two closer pictures of the breadboards. I am really getting into the wooden kitchen items.







Here is some more of my wooded kitchen items displayed on the stove board. I recently purchased the large yellow ware bowl for $11.00!






I displayed my butter paddles in the window. I used to only have them displayed on the bottom and then I decided to display them on the top too.



I made this little greenery for the window with some old garland that I had. I cut pieces of the garland off and then tied it together with a piece of ribbon that I tea stained.



This is a view of the workspace in the kitchen.



This is a view of the keeping room. You can see one of Jeff's ceramic Christmas trees behind the sofa. The cute girl on the sofa is Parker.



This is the other side of the keeping room.



I rearranged the corner cabinet to display some more of my wooden items.



I displayed some more of my breadboards on the top of the Hoosier. The brown breadboard is actually a lapboard that was originally painted brown.



Here is a closer picture of the breadboards.



I have also recently started collecting wooden bowls. I have one displayed on the coffee table with dried oranges in it.









I hope you enjoyed the tour of our kitchen decorated for Christmas.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"Christmas is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."
~Dale Evans~

All My Best,
~Dan~

22 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Prim Beautiful~ thanks for the tour~
smiles
Teresa

Lida said...

It is really looking fab! I love your wooden kitchen ware! The breadboards remember me of my mother cutting bread for all seven children and my dad and how much everything has changed since than! Wish you a good Xmas time, greetings
Lida

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhhh...some of my very favorite things - breadboards, mashers, butter paddles, wooden bowls, and oh - the butter molds....WOW....(And do you own every single red handled rolling pin there is??? ;o) Amazing collections Dan - and even more amazing gift of display. Wishing you a blessing and joy filled weekend and week ahead. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Robin said...

Your house is WONDERFUL ! I love evry little inch of it !! Cute pooch too !! Can you tell Im a doggy lover ?...lol
Robin
Bird In The Hand Primitives

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

What a lovely home...thanks for sharing! You have it all decorated in such a wonderful homey way!
Merry Christmas to you & yours!
♥'s
Sherry

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

LOve the idea of paddles in the window!

Judy C said...

I just plain love everything! I am going now to see if I can google drying oranges, they look lovely in you wooden bowl. I too just started collecting wooden bowls.
Hope you don't mind if I copy your idea.

janet said...

Your home is awesome..I love the way you display everything..It's so homey and inviting..Have a great weekend..

alltheseboys said...

Beautiful pictures. I did dried oranges and a popcorn and cranberry garland on my tree this year too! Any hints on preserving it? Have a wonderful Christmas...and thank you for sharing your home with all of us! Katie

Tombstone Livestock said...

Beautiful.... Merry Christmas.

Guess you don't own all the wooden red handle rolling pins, I have one or two, also wooden potato masher, a wooden bowl, and a pair of butter paddles.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Dan your wooden treenware collection is growing by leaps and bounds!! You are blessed with a lot of room to display all of those great pieces ~ it all looks wonderful!!!
hugs!!

Judy said...

Everything looks wonderful. Dan. as usual. Especially love the wooden cubby on the desk and the way you have it decorated. Your tree looks great and I'm sure it smells good, too. You have such a knack for creating a warm and inviting space.

Merry Christmas!

~Judy p~

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Happy Sunday Dan... Looks like a Prim Perfect Christmas at your place.
Love all the Bread Boards & butter paddles..very nice!

Thanks for sharing!!

Christmas Blessings
Tonya

Miss Taylor Faith said...

Love it! Like the greenery around the door! Wish I could be your neighbor!!!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Looks absolutely wonderful Dan.
My favorite is that little cutey on the sofa :)
Blessings,
Janet

Lisa B. said...

Dan, everything looks so beautiful. I absolutely love love love your Hoosier cabinet - it looks to be in pristine condition. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that 2012 brings you much joy and many blessings.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Dan: Your collections are to die for! The breadboards add a lot to the tops of the cabinets...as the saying goes, if you can't go "out" go "up" and you have done just that in a marvelous way. Love your whole kitchen including your darling tree. And I covet the red checked couch (with the puppy), of course.
Merry Christmas to the whole household. {{HUGS}}

Benita said...

Oh your kitchen is so cozy & every spot is decorated perfectly Dan !! I love all of your collections & you can tell that Parker is having fun watching her daddy take pictures ! LOL
Merry Christmas Dan & Jeff & the 3 P's !!
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Dan you home is so beautiful all of your Christmas displays are prim perfect!! You have so many awesome collections. I hope you and Jeff have A Very Merry Christmas!!! :)

Christmas Blessings,
Dana

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dan know one can decorate a home better than you honey. I love everything you have in your kitchen and especially the way you display them.
Could not let the holiday go by without coming over and wishing you and Jeff a very Merry Christmas and the best New Year ever.
I promise to keep in better touch this coming new year.
Love ya honey
Maggie

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Dan you have such wonderful collections. I love that tree in the kitchen. The perfect size for that spot and with all the drieds on it it is the perfect touch in there. Merry Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful year in 2012!
Elaine

Angie Berry said...

How wonderful to have a tree that everything on it is handmade by yourself. It looks really good!

I am terribly addicted to kitchen pieces, especially wood and metal. This past year I started my collection of butter paddles so I was really excited to see the way you displayed yours... amazing!! Only I have a garden window so that wouldn't work for me, but I really love how creative that is! All of your cutting boards (love the 2 new ones), mashers, butter presses and paddles, and wooden bowls are what I am drawn to when I walk in an antique mall. I can spy them across the room and my friends know to get outta my way, lol! Worn wood is so warm and goes so well with prims and Colonial pieces. Just like your collection display of tin and yellowware, the wood fits right in. It's all beautiful Dan, love it all!