Wednesday, November 23, 2011

~Thanksgiving Once More~

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is upon us again. This year as just flown by. I think we all start thinking about what we are thankful for this time of year. I thought I would take this opportunity to let all of you know what I am thankful for this year.


Image by www.cherylbartleydesigns.com


I am thankful for Jeff. He supports me 157.5% in everything I do. He is patient, kind, loving, and generous. He always encourages me to go for my dreams and never tries to persuade me to abandon them.

I am thankful for Parker, Peyton, and Paycee. They have filled my life with so much happiness and love. They are always happy to see me and they want nothing more than to be with me and to get and give love.

I am thankful for my parents. I am so blessed to have had parents who have stayed together. Who taught me how to be a good person and to always do my best.

I am thankful for my grandma. She has always been there for me and has taught me to love unconditionally and to have faith in God.

I am thankful for my brother, Andrew, my sister-in-law, Amy, my niece, Katie, and my nephew, Jake. They remind me of the importance of family and of how magical childhood is.

I am thankful for my friends both near and far. They love me and accept me for who I am. They do not try to change me. The celebrate my achievements and support my failures. There are too many to mention, but four friends always come to mind. Jerrah, Diane, Kathy, and Linda M.



I am thankful for my job. I am so blessed to get to work with wonderful children everyday. They have taught me more about life and the importance of the little successes of life than anyone else has.

I am thankful to get to write for A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine. I never thought I would get to take this journey and this road has given me so many wonderful opportunities and has given me the chance to meet many wonderful people and to see inside their fascinating lives.

I am thankful for my beautiful, warm home that I can decorate and that I can make reflect my many passions and my family.

I am thankful for my health and for the health of everybody in my life.



Image by www.thepatterncupboard.com


As you can see, I have many things to be thankful for. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams and I can never thank God enough for all He has done for me.

I also wanted to tell you that I wrote a Thanksgiving article for the A Primitive Place magazine facebook page. You can read it by clicking ~Here~. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"True Thanksgiving means that we need to thank God for what He has done for us, and not tell Him what we have done for Him."
~George R. Hendrick~

From our house to yours, we wish you a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving. May you spend the day with the people who you love the most and who love you the most.

All Our Best,
~Dan, Jeff, Parker, Peyton, & Paycee~



10 comments:

janet said...

I enjoyed reading your article..The subject you chose to write about was perfect..Your article was a great representation of what Thanksgiving truely means..
Have a great Thanksgiving with Jeff,the 3P's and your family..

Tombstone Livestock said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, love your house, I have never heard of the magazine, must not have wide distribution in California.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful post Dan....there is much to be thankful in each of our lives if we just take the time to look and drink it all in. Wishing you a blessed and joyful holiday tomorrow...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

alltheseboys said...

Beautiful post Dan! You truly have so much to be thankful for! I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!! katie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such a wonderful heartfelt post Dan!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lida said...

Dan, Jef and your lovely dogs enjoy this special day and I thank you for your fine words this morning!
Warm greetings ,
Lida

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dan & Jeff! Yes you are blessed.May you have a wonderful day filled with love!~Amy

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Dan! I hope you all have a beautiful day!

Carmen and the Primcats

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That was a beautiful post! Going to read the article now! Enjoy your day!

Miss Taylor Faith said...

We are thankful for your friendship too! Enjoyed all the laughs we shared!!