Friday, November 25, 2011

~Is Christmas Child's Play?~

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very nice day at home and then went to my parent's house for dinner. We will be with Jeff's family tomorrow.

It was such a nice day today that Jeff and I decorated the outside of our house for Christmas. We are not quite finished, but when we do, I will be sure and share some pictures with you.

In the meantime, I am going to show you some pictures of our guest room all decorated for Christmas. We decorated this room with children items and it is the room that our nieces and nephews play in when they come over. So, have a look around and I will explain what I did.


I recently bought this handmade Santa at Arnett's Country Store which is located in West Frankfort, Illinois. Stacee Droit makes wonderful Santas and other wonderful creations too. I place my Santa on the bed. I really like how he looks in the room


I placed greenery in different places in the room to give it a Christmas feel without taking over the space.


I also but a candle and some greenery on the windowsill. I made the little greenery window decoration by cutting pieces from some garland I had and then tied them together with a piece of ribbon that I tea stained.


I placed a little handmade snowman that I have had for years in the baby crib at the foot of the bed.


I also decorated the little hutch that is in the room with some greenery and some newer Christmas books that we have collected.


I bought these sconces at Arnett's Country Store also.






I cross stitched the tree sampler this past summer and my mom help me make it into a pillow.




Jeff hung some of his miniture Hallmark ornaments on a little Hallmark tree we had. I am going to wrap the base in burlap, but I have not had a chance to do it yet.


This is my collection of vintage Christmas children books.




I also decorated the little table that sits in the middle of the room. It has my ironstone tea set on it. I placed a vintage Christmas table cloth on the table and added a pair of Christmas salt and pepper shakers.






I hope you enjoyed the tour of our guest bedroom. I would love to know what you think.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
~Norman Vincent Peale~

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

Joanne said...

everything looks great - going to get to my decorating one of these days - relaxing for a few days after hooking up a storm to get my items to the Folk Art sale! Love your little collections and hand-dids you set around!

janet said...

Where do I begin..I love it all..The Santa on the bed I really love..You sure do know how to pull everything together..Oh ya,I really am going to copy how you did your windows..Have a great weekend..

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderful room Dan - all I kept thinking was how I wish I were one of your nieces/nephews. What an amazing place for them....(Especially love your Santa on the bed and those vintage Christmas books - I have a small collection too...one of my most loved treasures....) Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

What a wonderful space~

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I want to be a child and come play in your guest room. Love all the small touches. Nothing overwhelms you but little pieces of holiday magic appear throughout.

Lida said...

I wish I was your little niece and was sleeping i tihis lovely room! Dan it looks fantastic!
Greetings
Lida

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

The whole room is so sweet & inviting!
♥'s
Sherry

Kimberly said...

I so love this room! Your neices and nephews are so lucky to have such a great room to play in. I think Santa is my fave. Can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful home decorated for Christmas.
Blessings,
Kimberly

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house!! I just love the guest room probably one of my favorites!
I love your collection of Old Christmas books.. I have a collected a few of them over the years too. They are stored at Carmen's house. I sure do miss having a place to display them..so really enjoyed seeing yours.

Have fun decorating for the Christmas Season!!

Blessings
Tonya

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful place for your nieces and nephew to be. What a great uncle you are to create this for them! Will you adopt me as your niece. I am your newest follower and love your decor! keep u pthe great work! take care, Janice (Prims By the Water Blog)PS. Love your tree stitched pillow!

Prims By The Water said...

Love the room you created for your nieces and nephew. What a great uncle you are Dan! By chance would you have room to adopt another one. ~smile~ I am your newest follower and love your decor. Take care, Janice (prims by the water blog) PS. Also love your stitched tree pillow..thank goodness for mom's!

Lori said...

Charming, not too much, it's just right.

Pam said...

What a fun room. Love all those children's books. It all looks great.

Sherri Farley said...

I really enjoyed this tour of your guest room. The children's things are my favorite. The ironstone tea set and brightly colored chairs looks lovely. The braided rug really sets it off!! Love the little hutch too.