Sunday, November 27, 2011

~Christmas...The Dining Experience~

Today I thought I would show you the dining room all decorated for Christmas. Again, I tried to achieve a more simple look. I wanted touches of Christmas without it taking over the room. I hope that I achieved that.

Take a look around and I will show you what I did.


I still need to fill the box on the dining room table. I want to fill it with natural greenery and fruit, so I am going to wait until a little closer to Christmas. I will post pictures when I do it.



The greenery on the mantle is artificial. I got it at The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. The fruit is wax. I pick it up at Wal-Mart. The Santas came from The Cranberry Merchant in Carterville, Illinois. I strung the green beans last spring and Jeff strung the cranberries for me.





I had the felt white stocking, so I decided to tea stain them. Then I filled them with some twig greenery and added to candy canes that were made from pipe cleaners and then tea stained.



I made the greenery on the French door that leads to the music room from some old greenery I had. I tea stained the ribbon and tied it into a bow.



Each of the French doors leading to the keeping room, have one of these stockings on them. I had plain white cotton stockings, so I tea stained them and then added twig greenery. They are attached with a suction cup which is hidden by the greenery.





Jeff decorated this tree with his vintage glass ornaments. He always does such a good job placing the ornaments on the trees. Jeff decorates all of our trees.





I got this reproduction feather tree at Simple Country Treasures in Lebanon, Illinois. We put some vintage glass ornaments and some vintage candy ornaments that Jeff has collected over the years.



These folk art Santas were designed by folk artisit, Johanna Parker. I love them!


I designed and stitched the Christmas sampler that is next to the tree.





I like how the dining room turned out, how about you?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"Christmas is doing something extra for someone."
~Charles Schulz~

All My Best,
~Dan~

17 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What an incredibly beautiful room - so simply done - but such an amazing impact. It evokes Christmases of yesteryear - the touches of greenery and fruit....I love it! And the trees are so artfully decorated....(Does Jeff hire out???) ;o) Wonderful room - anyone fortunate enough to be invited to dine there over the holidays will be blessed indeed. Have a great week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

janet said...

Beautiful..

Sandy said...

I just love coming to "visit" your beautiful home. You and Jeff have are amazing with your decorating--the perfect balance--elegance in simplicity. I'm trying for that in our home...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Very nicely done! Have a wonderful week. (:

alltheseboys said...

I love your home...but I've told you that before! I actually remember back when you were featured in another magazine. I was paging through..and not thrilled with the homes...until I got to yours! I love the fruit and greenry. Katie

Judy said...

Dan~ Sure would love a personal tour of your gorgeous home BUT I am soooo far away! Always enjoy my visits here, Your home looks stunning decorated for the holidays! I hope you have enjoyed your time off from school. It went by soooo fast! You have acquired quite a collection of hooked rugs! Loving those! Two questions...where do you get yours and how do you hang them? Have a great week!

~Judy~

Lida said...

Lovely looking and the vintage tree is gorgeous! You will all enjoy the Cgristmas diner in here!
Greetings
Lida

DianeM said...

I am so enjoying seeing all the pics of your home decorated for Christmas. Every room is just perfect. I really like the layout of your home too :) This year I plan on decorating my tree with just my vintage ornies, and at my dd's request, tinsel instead of garland - I hope it turns out as nice as Jeff's did!
Smiles, DianeM

PrimHearted said...

Your whole house looks lovely and festive! Thanks for showing off your decorating talents.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Just lovely! I wish you'd come over and do my house!! I'm in the thick of report cards...so no decorating as of yet! Can't wait to send them home next week and then I can get serious about Christmas.

Lori said...

Very nice! You've done a nice job of making the room festive.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Everything looks so beautiful!!!

Pam said...

I'm trying to do the same this year. Decorating with touches of Christmas, but trying not to have it overtake everything else in the rooms. Jeff's tree in the entrance way is gorgeous. He may have to come visit me to do my trees. I think you achieved your look!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Your home is so pretty~ the fireplace beautiful~ always an inspiration~ thanks for sharing~
smiles
Teresa

Raspberry Hill Crafts said...

Your dining room is beautiful and so nicely decorated, not too overdone, really nice. Luv the dresser and table [ I have the same ones }... yours look so much nicer in the beautiful surroundings. :-}

Kitty said...

Awesome job as usual Dan! Love the simplicity, just the right amount I think! Jeff does decorate the trees wonderfully, the one with all his glass ornaments is gorgeous!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dan honey I know you think I have fallen off the earth since I am AWOL and in a way I did but no matter where I am I think of you and Jeff wondering if your okay.
As always I love what you have done with your gorgeous home.
If Jeff saw the way I decorated my big tree he would fly to Tx and redo it for me.
I was suppose to be in Iowa this coming week for the GOP Debate but the trip was put on standby last night. I hope for my sake it stays that way. TOOO darn cold up there for me. hahaha
I love you and think of you so much
Merry Christmas
Maggie