Monday, November 21, 2011

~Christmas in the Master Bedroom~

For as long as I have know Jeff, he has been begging me to decorate the master bedroom for Christmas. I have always been a bit of a Scrooge about it. I just never felt like the bedroom was the place for Christmas decorations. You don't have to tell me, I know I was wrong...LOL!

Well, this year I decided to decorate the master bedroom for Christmas. I am so glad that I did and I think it turned out really well. So, have a look around and I will tell you what I did.


In this picture, you can see two of my latest and most favorite finds. I recently got the Johnston Benchworks settle and I could not be happier with it. It replaced the couch that Paycee got a little carried away with. I also purchased some new bedding. It is Family Heirloom Weavers. I bought it online from Circa Home Living. Both of these new items took the master bedroom to a new level and helped me acheive the look that I was striving for.



I should have moved the Ps basket of toys before I took this picture, but it is their bedroom too.





I moved the Johnston Benchworks chair from the music room into the master bedroom sitting area. The stockings on the old ladder were made by my mom. They have all of our names on them. Hopefully, one day soon, Paycee will have one too!



I placed a small twig tree in a firkin and decorated it simply with candy canes and a tin star.





I filled the wooden box on the coffee table with artificial Christmas greens and wax oranges.



Both of these pillows were designed by a very dear friend of mine, folk artist, Kathy Parker. Both of these pillows can be found on the Primitives by Kathy website.




So, let me know what you think. I don't know why I waited so long to decorate the master bedroom for Christmas. I love it and we are really enjoying it.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"The children were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads."
~Clement Clark Moore~

All My Best,
~Dan~

15 comments:

janet said...

I think you did a fabulous job in the bedroom..I love your furniture and the chair does look great in the bedroom..

bettyj said...

Simply beautiful and classy. Love it!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautifully done - simple wonderful and wonderfully simple. What a sumptuously large room!!! I could get lost in there! Can't wait to see more! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lee Hill Primitives said...

I am "green of envy", LOL... Your bedroom looks AMAZING. Love it. Everything on it is beautiful. great decor.

alltheseboys said...

I love what you did with the bedroom. I have said it before and I'll say it again..I LOVE your style. I would be perfectly comfortable to have you come to my home..and have your way with it!! Katie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful!!!
Love your furniture and the new coverlet!
Waiting to see more!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lida said...

It looks great and really homely! It is done with great taste! Greetings
Lida

Kitty said...

looks gorgeous! You have such a knack for prim decorating! Love the new settle, my dream is to one day have one! Love everything!

LibbiesHome said...

Jeff was right - you NEEDED to decorate the bedroom for Christmas! It's all so natural and lovely. Thanks for sharing. I got some good ideas here. :)

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

Looks wonderful! I love Kathy's creations!! I'm starting my decorating today...I hope!
♥'s
Sherry

Violet said...

Ahhh.....Beautiful. Now I have some new ideas that I want to try! One, for example, I have a small firkin that I want to see if it will fit my little primitive tree I have out for Autumn. Love, love!

Sharon said...

Your room turned out simply beautiful.
I really do like that bench at the end of the bed.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jeff and your families.

Carmen and the Primcats said...

It looks amazing Dan. Great Job. Love the new sofa. Stunning!

Carmen and the Primcats

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

This just reminds me of the saying "now that I know better, I will do better" and you did!! LOL now I know it was meant for more serious matters but I just had to tease you! The room gets better and better and the Christmas decor just adds warmth and personality!! I count you as one of my blessings this Thanksgiving and I wish you and yours a blessed day! HUGS!!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Dan, I don't know why, but I have the hardest time leaving comments on your blog... I read often...Love the settler's love seat! OH MY! and all your holiday cheer! Come help me!!! I am only about 7 hours away! LOL!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!! OLM