Tuesday, November 22, 2011

~Christmas Comes to the Basement~

Today I thought I would show you the Christmas decorations that are in the basement. I really tried to not go overboard in the basement. This is where we spend a lot of our time and it is one of the smallest rooms in the house. I did not want the decorations to take over the space.

Take a look around and I will tell you what I did.

We will start with the basement kitchen.



On the cabinet in the eating area, I simply added a little greenery and apples to give it a Christmas look while still maintaining the look of my collections.



On the Hoosier cabinet, I added more greenery and a collection of my favorite snowmen.



Here is a close up of the snowmen. They are all by artist, Dan DiPaolo. I love Dan's work and I especially love his snowmen.



I tried to add a little greenery and a little Christmas to most of the displays.



On the table, I displayed a small Christmas tree in a firkin. I decorated the tree with wooden candy canes and salt dough candy canes.



I added a primitive stocking to the tobacco basket that hangs in the dining area.



On the island, I filled an old wooden tool box with Christmas greens and added a pineapple.



I added my collection of vintage bottle brush Christmas trees and a little greenery to the top of the boxes that are stacked in the kitchen.

Now, let's move to the family room.



I placed a twig tree in an old crock. It sits in front of the old door that I found in the chicken coop this past spring.

The rest of the pictures are just some little touches that I added to some other displays that are in the basement family room.









One last picture of the mantle. I do love how it turned out!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~

All My Best,
~Dan~

17 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Dan,
All the little touches that make your house a home. It's perfect!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends. ~Natalie

Robin said...

Everything looks sooo wonderful !! I am hoping to go with a much simpler look this year for my Holiday decorating also...that remains to be seen,though...It seems once I get to looking through my bins of goodies, I have such a hard time deciding what goes on display and what either stays in the bin, or gets passed along to a daughter or daughter in law....lol
Robin

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Dan...Every thing looks warm and inviting..Perfect for the space you spend so much time..

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Blessings
Tonya

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Well of course I love all your touches and the twig trees but I adore that black cupboard with all the vintage tins. It is perfect.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I truly can't believe that is your "basement." Yikes...I could live there and be one happy crow. ;o) Everything looks wonderful Dan - are you almost done so you can come do my house? Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

DianeM said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics...your twig tree is gorgeous :)
Smiles, DianeM

Joanne said...

Everything looks wonderful!

Lida said...

Hallo Dan,
I really enjoy looking around in your wonderful house and I like the way you decorate the rooms! I share your love for Snowman and I am also always looking around to buy special ones! Yours are fantastic! Greetings
from Holland,
Lida

janie said...

Great Job as always. Looks so warm and cozy!! Enjoy, Janie

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Looks amazing Dan! Just amazing. I am working towards a more nrural christmas too... I'm not doing bad. Not as clean as yours but I'm better than before. LOL!

Where's Jeffs Hallmarks?

Is that little table top tree hallmark? I am pretty sure I have the same one. That's the best little prim tree ever.

Did you see my song about twiggy trees I posted yesterday? I think you would appreciate it. :)

Happy Thanks giving friend! May you and yours have a wonderful day!

Carmen and the Primcats

LibbiesHome said...

I would love to have you guys come decorate my house! Everything looks so beautiful. I love the subtle touches of greenery best. Would love to know where you found your twig tree??!

Robyn ♥ said...

Beautiful decorating! Love the simple style!! Great job!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Beautiful!!!! love the greenery and the trees. Thanks for sharing!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Looks very festive Dan. Great Job!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Janet

janet said...

I love your pictures..
They are all Prim-Beautiful..
Especially the old toolbox on the kitchen island..
I too have a few Dan DiPaolo snowmen myself..
I love his work..

Merry Wind Farm said...

Dan, love all of your Christmas decorating. I have the exact same little child's rocker as the one you show with the Santa. It belonged to my Mother and was purchased in the late 20;s, early 30's. Is yours a family piece? Meilnda

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

Love all you holiday touches Dan! I wish I could leave the holiday magic up year around!
Hugs,
Lynn