Monday, October 24, 2011

~Wooden Bowls & Candle Molds~

This past weekend Jeff and I did a little antique shopping and I stumbled across three items that I usually do not see in my neck of the woods.

The first item I found was two wooden bowls. I have been wanting to collect wooden bowls for quite some time, but rarely see them. When I do, they are usually too high for me to buy. I found these two bowls and the price was right, so I snatched them up.


I have been playing with different places to display the bowls. For now, they are on the mantel in the dining room. They are secured to the wall with a teacher's best friend, sticky tack!










I love how they look on the mantle, but you know me, I will probably move them around from time to time. = )

The second item I found was a candle mold. I have been wanting to collect these for quite awhile too, but again the price has been too high. This candle mold was on sale, so I could not resist it.



If you remember, I got the smaller candle mold this summer for $11.00! It is in really bad shape, but I think the two candle molds look great together on the cabinet in the basement kitchen.



So, what do you think???

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too!

"Art is the signature of civilization."
~Beverly Sills~

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

priley65 said...

I love your decorating style. the bowls and candle molds are wonderful. I like those too, but like you I never find them in my neck of the woods. Great finds.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the wood bowls where you have them. I have two but do find it hard to display them so you see their beauty.

alltheseboys said...

I really do love your style...It reminds me alot of my own!! Beautiful pieces!

nancy huggins said...

I love the wooden bowls and think they look great where you have them. I am not able to find any in my neck of the woods either but a friend in Texas found one and sent it to me..It has a tiny hair line crack but can't see it unless you pick it up and look.
Maybe someday I will have a bigger house and will be able to display more of the prim items I love. You did good Dan :)

Courtney said...

Excellent finds. I have one large wooden bowl and I love it! It often holds yarn of wool for rugs though! I love candle molds as well...but I don't have any yet. You sound like me...waiting for prices to be right before starting the collection...that's a teacher's salary for ya! Take care!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Looks really good! I love the bowls! Enjoy your day!

PrimHearted said...

Your mantle looks lovely! Great finds.
Nadine

TheCrankyCrow said...

You had me at wooden bowl and candle mold....two of my favorite things....And you know I'm loving the balance and harmony of your display. Your wonderful signature touch!! Beautiful! Happy Tuesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Bittersweet and Ivy said...

They look great. Just a fair warning... collecting wooden bowls should have a 12 step program because it is SO ADDICTIVE!!! Love what you have done.
Thanks for shariing.
Laura

Pam said...

I love your bowls, they have such a great patina to them. They look great on the mantel for now. We can always play a Where's Waldo game with the bowls.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a great way to spend the weekend! You really do have a eye for nice pieces. These bowls go prefect on the mantle. I never would of thought of putting them there. How clever you are my dear friend.
I had to laugh because yes you will be moving them somewhere else in due time. lol
Love
Maggie

Judy said...

Bowls look great, Dasn! Also love the candle molds BUT your growing collection of hooked rugs is AMAZING!!! LOVE the colors in them!

~Judy~

janet said...

Wooden bowls are scarce here too..They look so nice on your mantle..The candle molds are something I have loved for awhile like you..I have found these but the price is through the roof..Maybe I will get lucky like you and find them for a great price..Have a great weekend..So happy you found your treasurers..Everything looks awesome..

Y1M said...

Dan, I love Bowls and Mold. I too collect both of these and really enjoy decorating with them. The way you have your finds displayed is very nice. You did good in purchasing them all.

Thanks for sharing.

Autumn Blessings,
Marlene