Saturday, October 8, 2011

~Some New Goodies~

During the last couple of weekends, Jeff and I have been doing a little shopping. I wanted to share with you some of my latest finds.

This first item, I got today at The Rabbit Patch Cottage which is located in Herrin, Illinois. It is a wool rug. When I got it, I intended to use it on the floor, but then I decided it was too pretty to put on the floor so people could walk on it so I hung it in the music room.


I really like how it looks above the black table!





Last weekend, I got this hooked rug at Simply Country Treasures which is located in Lebanon, Illinois. I hung it in the hall. I love how the border of the rug matches the trim of the doors!





I also have become addicted to these little hanging candles. I got these at Simple Country Treasures too!







So, what do you think?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Do not forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too!

"One of the secrets to life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks."
~Jack Penn~

All My Best,
~Dan~

9 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love your finds, especially the rugs. I think the top one is too pretty to have people walk all over! You could always put plastic on top of it!! HA!!! My husband's mother had plastic over her furniture, including the lampshades and the week after she passed away he pulled all the plastic off of everything. I'm sure she was spinning in her coffin.

Found a great primitive store by us today and purchased a candle, practiced a lot of self-control.

Enjoy your day!

annie said...

I love the rugs, esp. the first one. It is too pretty to be on the floor. I'm surprised you are not rug hooking, because you learned to cross stitch so well! Have a great weekend!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the rugs. I am so glad you decided to hang the first rug and appreciate it on the wall. You have some great collections. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ronda said...

Great finds Dan, I'm with annie, you should try rug hooking, I'm sure you will get hooked!!!

Blessings,
~ronda

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Beautiful finds! Love those rugs!

Susannah said...

Those rugs are perfect in your house!

Y1M said...

AWESOME Rugs...LOVE'EM!!! You find some of the best things...and display them so well too. Always enjoy viewing your home. :)

Hugs,
Marlene

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your new finds Dan - especially love the first one (I have one exactly like it! But it looks so much better how you have yours displayed!) I know I've said before - but, I'm saying it again - I love how you tie everything together - the symmetry of colors and objects is just so soothing to my soul....Have a wonderful Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

janet said...

The rug is awesome..You sure do find some great pieces for your home..
Janet