Sunday, September 11, 2011

~A Little More Fall & A Few New Goodies~

This weekend, Jeff and I attended a fall open house at one of my favorite primitive stores in the area, The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. Kathy had a lot of wonderful fall items to choose from and as usual she had some fantastic non-fall items to choose from too. I picked up a little bit of both.

We also made a trip to The Cranberry Merchant in Caterville, Illinois to check out their fall items and again I was greeted by a wonderful array of fall decor to choose from.

I spent most of the day yesterday placing the items that I found. Here is what I did with them.

I found these first two spooks at The Cranberry Merchant. They were made by my friend, folk artist Johanna Parker. I love them and there is no way anyone could be in a bad mood when these two guys are around.



The first pillow came from The Olde Homestead and the second came from The Cranberry Merchant.





This pillow came from The Olde Homestead. I placed it along with a Halloween cat I had on the bench in the hall.





This crow came from The Cranberry Merchant. I placed it under the red shelf in the kid's room.



This is the pumpkin pillow that I stitched and my mom made.



I designed and stitched this sunflower sampler. The sunflower is my favorite flower and I hung this in the kid's room.



These two tin sconces came from The Olde Homestead. I hung them in the master bedroom.





I also got this crow pillow at the Olde Homestead. I love how little it is!





A couple of weeks ago, Jeff and I were at another primitive store in our area, The Rabbit Patch Cottage which is in our hometown, Herrin, Illinois. I picked up this black box and placed it on the dresser in the master bedroom.





So, what do you think of my new goodies. As you can see, it was a great weekend!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"Autumn carries more gold in its hand than all the other seasons."
~Jim Bishop~

All My Best,
~Dan~

13 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderful new finds, Dan!! Ok - let's go shopping FIRST, then I'll come trick or treating at your house!! ;o) Those Johanna pieces are wonderful - I so love her talent....and your stitcheries are wonderful - truly like the sunflower...one of my favorite flowers also...But, you know, I'm sensing a wee bit of a crow theme emerging...and I LIKE it!!! Great decorating!!! Enjoy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Debra said...

Wow- you got some great finds! it all looks wonderful!!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

It all looks great as usual...even designed your sunflower stitchery and you're new to stitching...shut up!! LOL You've got the eye for putting it all together. Hope to hear from you soon! ~Kriss~

Claudia said...

Everything looks great! Love the black box. Happy Fall!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Dan, I love the great goodies you and Hubby picked up! You just have the GREATEST way of deocrating a real knack!
Your home is just that a home for Hubby, you and your fur babies!
So, warm and inviting! When you both come home for work and work in and relax in your home that you made so inviting I bet you can't wait to come home after a long day of teaching!
I drool over your posts all the time!!!

Hugs,
Tricia

Penny said...

Love all your great finds -- and you have them all placed so nicely around your home! I especially like the black box on your dresser.... and the all the cross-stitch you have designed and stitched. It is just lovely!

Carmen at Primcats said...

Great finds Dan! But all the pillows are my favorite! Ezpecially that little crow one!

Carmen and the Primcats

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Wonderful finds Dan! I Love them all!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Dan
Looking wonderful!! Love the black box on the dresser~
smiles
Teresa

Joanne said...

Great items - sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such wonderful finds ~ and awesome displays ~ everything adds just the right touch!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

janet said...

I love everything you got and they all look so nice throughout your home..
Janet

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Love it! Distressed black pieces are still my favourite. That is a great sitting area, too.