Monday, September 26, 2011

~A Birthday Celebration!~

Yesterday was my mom's birthday! Jeff and I hosted her birthday dinner. Everyone had a wonderful time. I thought I would share some pictures of the event with you.

The first picture is of the sampler I made for my mom. This is a quote that my grandma said to me once when I was very sad. It has stuck with me throughout the years and has brought me a lot of comfort. I decided to make my mom a sampler of the quote so that she would always remember how wise her mom was.


I drew it out on graph paper before I stitched it. I think it turned out pretty well. Jeff painted the frame and then I distressed it.




This is the table all ready for the party. I chose to use chocolate and paprika fiesta. I thought those colors went well with the centerpiece on the table.







My mom, dad, Katie, and Jake blowing out the candles.



Katie and my mom trying to decide which present to open first.





My grandma and brother, Andrew



Katie and Jeff



Jake


Katie

It was a wonderful evening and I really hope that my mom enjoyed herself.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too!

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."
~Sophia Loren~

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

Never So Simple said...

Dan,

Wow your Mom and Grandma look great! I loved the sampler you made for your mom. Home made gifts are always best. The table setting looked gorgeous great job. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Donna

Tracie said...

What beautiful pictures, and I absolutely adore your stitched piece. I did the same thing with a saying my ex-husbands Grandfather used to always say. "Ya'll be sweet, kind, and loving to one another." I just love your blog, and always look forward to your next posts.

janet said...

The sampler is great Dan..Happy Birthday to your Mom..
Janet

Robyn ♥ said...

Love that sampler! Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom! You are such a wonderful Host! Love your table setup!

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

What a beautiful sampler! And that Sophia Loren quote~ moves me~

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

Dan,
What a wonderful party to celebrate your Mom's birthday! The sampler is just beautiful! I'm sure your Mom will treasure it always!Your parents and grandmother look great....treasure these special moments you can share with them.
Hugs,
Lynn

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Very nice pictures. The sampler came out beautifully. The table setting looks really pretty. I love setting a table when I have company coming over! Enjoy your day!

Raggedy Creations said...

The sampler is beautiful Jeff and what a lovely table setting you had for your lovely Mom.

Felicia

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Love the sampler and the thought behind it -- it is lovely all the way around!
You set a beautiful table -- love the colors you used. I'm sure you all had a great time!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest of (belated) birthdays to you lovely mom!! What a special gift you created for her - those homemade things with meaning are so, so, special. The tablescape is gorgeous as well - will you host my birthday party? ;O} (Is it me, or does Grams look a little "perturbed??") Hope you're having a great week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

What a wonderful celebration. Family is so important. What was in that huge present?

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey how could your Mom not have had a wonderful time! This party is every mom's dream for a birthday.
You did awesome job all the way around and your stitched piece to her has me in awe. The thought behind it first is incredibly beautiful and then you designing it yourself which by the way is something I never was able to do when I cross stitched many years ago so you being able to already design your own pieces and they turn out so wonderful is quite the accomplishment.
Of course everything you do honey is worthy of praise.
I hope you know I think of you everyday wondering how your doing. I am just really behind on everything in my life right now even keeping up with friends. I know that's sad but I do think of you and love you
Maggie

bettyj said...

Love those color combinations! Paprika is a wonderful, though often forgotten color, in my opinion.
You're a good son.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home & lovely celebration! Your mom is a lucky lady. May I ask where you purchased the area rug featured in your foyer, dining room & piano rooms?
Laurie K