Monday, August 22, 2011

~Simple Country Treasures~

A couple of weekends ago, Jeff and I paid a visit to a great primitive shop in Lebanon, Illinois. The name of the shop is Simple Country Treasures. It is a great place to visit and the shop owner, Tammy, is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. If you read A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine (which I hope you do), you will recognize one of Tammy's employees. She is stylist and contributing writer Kimberlee Johnson.

Tammy had her shop all deck out for fall. There were so many wonderful fall decorations, that I had trouble narrowing it down to the ones I wanted to get. I could have bought all of them! I also bought a few non fall items that I am going to share with you now. I will share the fall decorations after Jeff and I put them out.


The first item I bought was this tin candle holder and black candle. I placed it on the desk next to the typewriter in the master bedroom.


Here is a closer picture of the candle and candle holder. I love it!



I also bought this candle holder and candle. It is suppose to be like an old oil lamp. I hung it on the wall in the kitchen.



I fell in love with this picture when I saw it. I hung it in the kid's room.



Here is a closer picture. It is wonderful!



So, what do you think of my new goodies?

If you are ever in the Lebanon, Illinois area, stop in and see Tammy and Kimberlee. You will not regret it. Don't forget to tell them that Dan sent you! = )

Simple Country Treasures
217 W. St. Louis Street
Lebanon, Illinois

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too!


"A book tight shut, is but a block of paper."
~Chinese Proverb~

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Great buys Dan!
I could just steal that candle holder you hung on the wall in your kitchen! Love it!

Audrey

Cheryl said...

Hey, Dan! I have that same sheep print! I absolutely love it.
Cheryl Wendland

Penny said...

It's all great!! Love that sheep print -- too cute!

Looking forward to seeing the fall items you bought, and your decorating for the season.....

priley65 said...

I ordered a couple of items from the shop and Tammy was great to work with. Everything was shipped in a timely manner to Nebraska. Highly recommended. If I'm ever in Illinois I'll be sure to stop in. Love your purchases.

Patricia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Dan...you have some kind of impeccable taste....Love all your new treasures and wish I were on your gift list!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome finds Dan! I love the candle holder that's suppose to look like an oil lamp ~ very different.
Can't wait to see you new fall decorations.
Have a good one!
Prim Blessings
Robin

ddogood said...

Oh boy, I love them all! I think I would have left the store with all those items too. How could you choose. I adore the oil can candle holder, how unique!

I love your little hutch and I think I already told you that I have one similar to that. After looking at yours again, I have decided that I'm going to paint mine and change the hardware. Hummm, what color to choose?

Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, It was great meeting you in Lebanon, Illinois at Simple Country Treasures. Tammy is indeed all that you mentioned and more. Her shop is worth the drive alone. Looking forward to viewing the next addition of APP. Sincerely, David Auston
Aunt Beas Antiques
The Weathered Chair

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

The oil lamp candle holder is my favorite. So prim! I know that Kimberlee has posted pictures of the store on her blog and it looks like such a sweet shop. As always so fun to see what you do with your new things! ~Kriss~

Pam said...

I don't think I've ever seen a black candle before, but now I want some. Very nice typewriter on your desk. I just bought some ribbon for mine and have to roll it on the old spools now (bet that won't get my fingers all inky).

jody said...

jeff, could you tell me the brand and color of your black and red paint? i know i have seen it b/4 but didnt write it down. i love them both. you can e-mail me at mengemj@msn.com or comment here. thanx so much jeff and i love your new candles.... jody

Y1M said...

Wonderful goodies Dan. Love the hanging candle holder. I also visited the Simple Country Treasures website. What a fun shop it is. Love the Fall goods they have on display. Looking forward to seeing your other goodies.

Hugs,
Marlene

Anonymous said...

Love your home. You should see my parents home at Christmas time. Mom always decorating with 11 antique Christmas trees with ornaments and one live tree..Magical!!

Carmen at Primcats said...

Wonderful treasures!

Love that oil lamp looking candle the best!

Carmen and the Primcats