Wednesday, August 17, 2011

~Not Far From Home...A Photo Shoot Sneak Peek~

Last Thursday, Kimberlee and I had the privilege of doing a photo shoot at a beautiful home for an upcoming issue of A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine. The homeowners of this beautiful home are Suzi and Randy Mitchell of Carterville, Illinois. Suzi is a very creative lady. She makes hooked rugs, quilts, and she also paints. She and Randy have worked so hard to make their house a home and it shows. This beautiful home is located just a few miles from my house. So, it was quite literally in my own backyard.

I met Suzi at a primitive shop that I go to quite often. She works at The Cranberry Merchant which is located in Carterville, Illinois. Several of Suzi's friends told her that she should submit pictures of her home for consideration. I offered to go and take some scouting photos and I was blown away by the house. I shared the pictures with Kimberlee, Linda, and Kristine and they fell and love with the house too. Kristine decided the house needed to be photographed so Kimberlee and I were more than happy to dust off our equipment and do it.

Here are some sneak peek pictures of Suzi and Randy's home. I hope you enjoy them.















If you enjoyed these pictures, just wait until the issue featuring Suzi's house comes out. You will love it. Suzi has a great collection of pewter, yellowware, wooden bowls, and of course hooked rugs.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there too.

"A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body."
~Benjamin Franklin~

All My Best,
~Dan~

5 comments:

janet said...

Beautiful photos..Can't wait to see more..
Janet

TheCrankyCrow said...

What's not to love about a hooker?? ;o) Your taste is leaving me hungry for more! Can't wait for that issue! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Paoletta said...

Lovely home!!!!!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Dan,
So many pretty things to look at. Thank you for sharing a sneak peek!

Make a thoughtful Thursday. ~Natalie

priley65 said...

What a lovely home. I so wish I could decorate my home well enough to get into the magazine lol. Can't wait for the magazine layout.