Sunday, August 28, 2011

~A Bed is Still a Bed~

This past Friday, a dream of mine came true. I have been looking for a black pencil post bed with a canopy for a long time. I didn't know if I would ever find one. I had been asking around for quite some time and I hadn't had any luck.

One day I was thinking of how much I would like to find the bed. Something told me to pray about it. I asked God to help me find a black pencil post bed with a canopy. The next week I received an email from Kathy at The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois telling me that she had ordered some black pencil posts beds and they had canopies on them. I could not believe me eyes. Just a week before I had been praying for a bed and I had sent an email to Kathy expecting to hear that she didn't have any. Kathy said she ordered them in March and she would be picking them up in August. I immediately told her I wanted one. This week, I received an email from Kathy telling me that they beds were in. So, Jeff and I made a trip to The Olde Homestead on Friday evening to pick up the bed. Here is how it looks.









I love it and I can not thank Kathy enough for ordering those beds. God knew back in March that I would want one of the beds and he had them on their way before I even asked for one.

Kathy ordered several beds, so I you live in the Mt. Vernon, Illinois area, you should pay her a visit and check the beds out.

A couple of weeks ago, Paycee got a little aggressive with the couch in our bedroom. She ate a hole in one of the back cushions. I told her that it was a good thing I loved her or she would have been in deep trouble. To hide the hole, I put an old gray quilt on the back of the couch. Here is how it looks.





I like how it looks, I just wish it wasn't hiding a hole. Paycee said she was just trying to help me decorate. = )

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too.

"Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees."
~Victor Hugo~

All My Best,
~Dan~

23 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Hi Dan,
Your new bed looks great in it's surroundings.
I have one and I just love it!

Audrey

Benita said...

That's wonderful that you got the bed of your dreams Dan !! It looks wonderful in your room : )
Maybe Paycee is secretly praying for a new couch next time ! lol
xoxo ~
Benita

Patti said...

Hi Dan,
I just love it! It looks so perfect. Can't blame Paycee for wanting to help. She just wanted to give a helping paw :)

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Dan,
The new bed looks amazing. And... there is never anything out of place! How do you do it?!! Thank you for sharing the photos.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend. ~Natalie

Pam said...

Oh, I always wanted one of those beds. I settled for a mahogany one with high posts, but no canopy. So glad you got one. Tell Paycee not to chew on the bed though.

Joanne said...

Awesome bed - fits with your style too! Guessing Paycee thought the back of the couch needed a quilt and she was pushing you to get it there! I'm the same way - I forgive my boys almost anything - even when i had to throw out my love seat a few months ago ( he was sick and couldn't help what he did - we had to say goodbye to him that week)

grandma peden's porch said...

What is up with schnauzers? My little guy started chewing on the corner of one of my sofa pillows. But as you said we love our pets so much. Btw love your new bed.
Marilyn

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....have always loved that style of bed....but I have a slanted ceiling (loft bedroom) so the posters would never, ever fit.....Lucky you though. So glad your prayers were answered. Now, 'bout that Paycee girl!! Love her decorator's instinct!!! Have a wonderful week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Hi Dan, Your canopy bed looks amazing. I have been waiting for a pencil bed too for a long time. Wish me lucjk for this year, LOL

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Love the bed, I too dream of a canopy or four poster. Think I figured out a way to convert my headboard to add posts...on my to do list. Paycee is a little stinker but with a face like that how can you not still love her?? ~Kriss~

Carmen at Primcats said...

God has a way doesn't He. :) That bed is stunning! I love it!

The rest of the room looks fgreat too! Your style is just one of my favorites Dan.

Carmen and the Primcats

Raggedy Creations said...

The bed is a beauty Dan. Don't be too hard on Paycee, she just wanted your attention.

Felicia

Sharon said...

I really like the looks of your new bed.
Have a great week

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Dan, How about that divine intervention:-) I'm happy it worked out for ya'll. It looks perfect in your room. Now what's up with that Paycee? LOL.
Carol

nancy huggins said...

Well at least you just had a hole and I know what you mean about loving your fur baby...My Maggie trashed the whole couch and it took us an hour to pick up all the pieces of foam..Good thing it was just a junky couch until we could find a new one and she did do me a favor..she doesn't chew things any more unless it is food or the paper plate the food was on.
Maybe I need to pray a little harder that my things will start selling better real soon so I can get my sewing machines fixed and make the fence higher for the pups.
Love the bed Dan..I could never fit one like that in this house so I will have to get creative and do something to the bed we have :)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Dan, I love how your bed looks in your room. So happy you were able to get one. I had wanted one for years too and I was fortunate to get one in June from Curry's Antiques in Ohio. They make them there. We drove 14 hours one way to pick it up! Boy was it worth it. Only thing is that it is extremely high for our little Snorkie Zoe so I am having some tall steps made for her. She is smart so I don't think it will be a problem training her to use the steps. We sure love our fur babies, don't we? Sorry Paycee was naughty. The quilt looks good tho!

Lori

Miss Taylor Faith said...

Love it! Glad you found the bed of your dreams. :)

janet said...

I love your new pencil post bed..And Paycee what a scream she is..I think she wants ya to get a new couch to match that new bed..LOL..Have a great week..
Janet

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

First Honey I will send you my prayer list today. lol
Your bed is so you which of course means Awesome. I love it.
Now about that spoiled little baby of yours....I actually visualized you telling her not to chew up your pieces. hahaha Hope talking helps because I don't know if time out would work either.
Your always always in my thoughts and prayers even though I am the worse about visiting here lately.
Now I must go but I will send you my list
Love ya
Maggie

redesigngal said...

Dan: I LOVE YOUR BED!!! Even more, I love your bedroom. It would have to be my favorite room in your house! I wish my master BR was as large as yours to show off your bed so beautifully! As for Paycee, we had a dachshund that also liked to help me decorate. She thought the living room chairs would look better with no material covering the underneath side so she proceeded to eat it as she tore it off of two chairs! Literally, she was "as sick as a dog!" LOL Your house is awesome and gets better with each of your posts.
Hugs,
Joy

Marsha said...

LOVE the bed! Love your house too! You are very talented. I am lucky to work for Kathy at The Olde Homestead so I get to see all the "good stuff" on Saturdays. Hope to see the "Herrin Boys" soon. Give the kids a hug and kiss from me.

Marie said...

I am glad that your prayer was answered. Your bed looks beautiful. Are you going to get a canopy for it?
Love,
Marie

karen said...

I just love everything that you do - you've got such a great eye for placement. I love your new bed as well. We had something similar but sold it when we moved to our new house - it blocked the view to the lake when you walked into the bedroom and just felt to big. Anywho I'm wondering if you can tell me who makes that awesome lamp that you have beside your chair in the bedroom. I would love to find one for my house.

Thanks - Karen