Tuesday, July 12, 2011

~The Big Reveal...A Primitive Place & Country Journal Magazine Fall 2011~

Tonight A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine released some sneak peeks of the fall 2011 issue. I copied this post from the one that Kristine Berg Doss the editor of A Primitive Place & Country Journal magazine released earlier today. I hope you enjoy it!

Cover photo from the home of Loretta Spiak. "Its a WonderFall Life"

Written by Dan Weaver. Photography by Linda Rudman.

With this issue, we commemorate the one year anniversary of A Primitive Place magazine! To celebrate, we have incorporated some exciting new changes! The first change that you may have noticed already is the addition of Country Journal to our name. We are very excited about the new name, the new look and the additional content. A Primitive Place & Country Journal will be what A Primitive Place was plus more!


With the addition of the new name, we have added a new section. In our new Homesteading section, we will be offering practical advice on gardening, food, health, saving money and overall, ways to achieve a simpler way of life, for both the urban and country lifestyle. In this issue you will read about canning & stocking your pantry, the history of the butter churn, how to make homemade butter, harvesting & freezing apples, using coupons to save money & “The Homesteader’s Journal.” In this issue, the article in “The Homesteader’s Journal is entitled “River Cats: Reeling on the Red.” We will feature a different story or showcase a special event in each issue that will be directed a little bit more towards the men out there.


Here are a few sneak peeks from the fall 2011 issue:


Special Feature: Ghoultide Gathering - "A Halloween Artist Spectacular"



Home of Maria Cardillo and John Nealon. "A Cornucopia of Primitives"

Written by Dan Weaver. Photography by Linda Rudman.


Home of Loretta Spiak "It's a WonderFall Life"

Written by Dan Weaver. Photography by Linda Rudman.

Home of David & Lana Testa "Falling for Primitives"

Written by Dan Weaver. Photography by Linda Rudman.

Home of Cathy Liddell "The Power of a Pioneering Spirit"

Written by Jeremy A. Doss. Photography by Linda Rudman.

Home of Karen Gerhart "A Colonial Transformation"

Written by Dan Weaver. Photography by Karen Gerhart.

Garden Feature "From the Ground Up"

Written by Jeremy A. Doss. Photography by Linda Rudman.


Fall Garden Sheds, Photography by Linda Rudman


In our KinderGarden Section: Luke Miller, grandson of Roxanne Smith, Newcomertown, Ohio, is photographed playing outside in the freshly raked leaves.

Simple Craft Projects & Savory Fall Recipes to share with family and friends!


And, here is the 5th in our series of APP Dolls

handcrafted by Lana Testa.


Percy, our " Not So Scary" Scarecrow, stands 11" tall. He is a great addition to your fall decor. A grungy gourd head, a flannel coat with handcrafted stars and a hand dyed mustard cheesecloth hat give him such a folky look, that you just might want to leave him out all year long! The only thing he is scared about, is that someone might take his new fall issue of A Primitive Place Magazine! Each is handmade by the artist with our original design.

To order your very own, visit www.aprimitiveplace.org!


The fall issue will be released August 1st. If you have not placed your order yet, what are you waiting for?

Visit www.aprimitiveplace.org to order your subscription today!

For those of you wanting to order wholesale for your shop, you can place your order right now through our wholesale ordering page. Order forms will also be emailed to all vendors.

Thank you all for your support over the past year. We couldn't have done this without all of our loyal fans!

We appreciate you!

Prim Hugs,

Kristine & Staff

So, what do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts! I sure am blessed to get to be a part of such a wonderful magazine. It is truly a dream come true!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too!

"Nothing happens unless first a dream."

~Carl Sandburg~


All My Best,

~Dan~

15 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

Holy crow! I am so glad I sent in my renewal! I can tell you all other activity will have to cease when that hits my mailbox!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Congrats on 1 year anniversary~ sounds packed full of everything~ Beautiful homes, ideas, good read, and advice~ looking forward to the Fall issue~ love the add on to the name!!
smiles
Teresa

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

This looks like it's going to be wonderful!! Fall?Halloween is my favorite season so I can't wait to get this issue! ~Kriss~

Raggedy Creations said...

Sure looks like it will be an issue full of beautiful eye candy. Congrats on your one year anniversary.

~Felicia

Sharon said...

Congrats on your first anniversary.
You sure did put some eye candy in it that is for sure. I will have to get a copy.
I also went and checked out your bedroom and I must say it is just beautiful.
thanks for sharing it with us
Have a great day

bailies3 said...

Hi Dan........beautiful pics, can't wait to see more!!!!!Love your redo of your home!!!!!
Tammy
(rusty5paws)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Goodness Dan this is going to be an amazing issue. Can't wait to get mine. Would not miss it for anything.
Been thinking of you wondering how you are. From the looks of the awesome post you have been really busy.
Sending you much love from Texas
Maggie

Garden of Egan said...

I just came over from GrandmaYellowHair and so glad I did.

I ended up getting a subscription to A Primitive Place! So excited to get it!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Good morning Sweetie
Hope your having a great day.
I put a plug in for your amazing magazine on my post last night.
Thinking of you
Maggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Good morning Sweetie
Hope your having a great day.
I put a plug in for your amazing magazine on my post last night.
Thinking of you
Maggie

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

SO, CONGRATS! A year I've missed out on.... I'm gonna have to get myself in gear so I don't miss out on another one! :-)
BTW I enjoyed the "childs play" bedroom. It's calling out to be played in don't you think? It looks way inviting!
Enjoy
Mercy

Joanne said...

So happy I renewed - if those are a sampling of pics - i can't wait to see/read the entire issue! My Mom is loving the magazine too - I shared with her but made sure she gave my issues back!

Gypsy Heart said...

I came over from Maggie's. Looks like an outstanding issue ~ will have to see it.

Your home is beautiful and I LOVE the dogs! How fun to have 3. :-)

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

I came over from Maggie's. Looks like an outstanding issue ~ will have to see it.

Your home is beautiful and I LOVE the dogs! How fun to have 3. :-)

Pat

Anonymous said...

backlinks seo seo factors backlinks seo backlinks