Saturday, July 23, 2011

~Another Birdhouse & A Little Tweaking~

Recently, I came across some birdhouses that I recognized from an article in Country Living magazine. I remembered reading about a man named Rick Lachance who made wonderful birdhouse from salvaged wood. When I saw the birdhouses, I knew that these were the birdhouses I had read about.

When I bought the birdhouse, I intended to put it outside. After I got it home, I could not go through with it. I had to put it inside where I could see it every single day. I decided to put it at the bottom of the basement steps. Now, every time I go downstairs I can see it. I will write more about exactly where I got the birdhouse at a later date. For now, here is the wonderful birdhouse made by Rick Lachance.



I love the detail he adds to every house!





This particular birdhouse was made from salvaged wood from on old general store. If the wood could talk, can you imagine the stories it could tell?



Rick's wife, Virginia, works with wool and is very talented as well. Rick and Virginia have a website call Farmhouse 1807. To visit their site click ~here~. To read the article about Rick in Country Living, click ~here~.

I also did a little tweaking today. You may remember the red primitive cabinet that was in the basement bedroom. When I painted the bedroom, I decided to move the cabinet upstairs so that I could see it more. I decided to put it in the bedroom upstairs. This is how it looks.







I really like how it turned out!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too.

"People even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."
~Audrey Hepburn~

All My Best,
~Dan~

11 comments:

Benita said...

Love your new birdhouse Dan, the rusty roof is my favorite part ! I'm glad you decided to keep it inside where the weather won't get to it & you can see it more often : )
Love your little red cabinet too, you always make everything look primtastic !!
Luvs~N~Hugs
Benita

Never So Simple said...

Love the red cabinet. The bird house I looooove! I think it looks great where you put it. As always I enjoy visiting your home every chance I can get!

Donna

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Isn't that wonderful that you found one of those particular birdhouses!! I am so happy for you and it is great - like you said, the details are awesome.

I would want that cabinet where I could enjoy it every day as well. That is gorgeous!

Take care Dan - I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! HUGS!

janet said...

I love the birdhouse and the door color especially..I can see why you would rather keep it indoors..
Janet

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi Honey
Just had to come by before I retire for the night with a good book.
This birdhouse is one of a kind and I would of not put it outside either. haha
Thanks for sharing his site I will be sure and check it out.
Hope your having a great weekend
Love
Maggie

Courtney said...

Sorry birds...that house is definitely an indoor house! What a find! Thanks for sharing the website of the birdhouse builder. His wife does some great things with wool too! As a spinner I was thrilled. Love the little red cabinet.
Courtney

renee said...

Dan, that is a REALLY neat birdhouse! I also like the RED cabinet of course!
Thanks for sharing.
Renee

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Love the new birdhouse, how big is it...it's hard to tell from the pictures. I always love all your new things so I have an idea....next time you shop just but two of everything because I know I'll like it too and then you can send one to me!! Deal?? Have a great Sunday!! ~Kriss~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dan ~
What a great birdhouse! Thanks for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Karen said...

Love the birdhouse and I wouldn't have been able to put it outside either - great detail. Love that cabinet - especially the color :).
Karen

Tins and Treasures said...

Greetings, Dan,
Love, love, love the new birdhouse. Thank you for sharing the link!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie