Friday, June 17, 2011

~Special Gifts from Special People~

When we arrived back from Gulf Shores earlier this week, there were two packages waiting for me. If you are like me, and I am sure you are, whenever I receive a package in the mail I get so excited and cannot wait to get it opened. The first package I opened was from a fellow blogger, Joanne. This is what was in the package!


I could not believe my eyes! Joanne had emailed me a few weeks ago when I was going through my kidney stone ordeal. She said that she belong to a group of people who like to perform Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) and she would like my address to send me something for being under the weather. Actually, it felt more like being under the bus, but I am trying to be positive...LOL! Anyway, I told Joanne that just her taking the time to send me an email to check on me was a random act of kindness. I told her I appreciated it very much. I gave her my address, but never expected such a generous gift. I was absolutley speechless! To tell the truth, I actually cried when I saw it. I could not believe that someone would take the time to make such a nice gift for me.



Notice how Joanne personalized it for me. A D for Dan, a J for Jeff, and a P for the Ps x 3. Isn't that wonderful!





This is what Joanne put on the back of the rug. I have always loved the television show Little House on the Prairie so I was delighted to see a quote by Laura Ingalls Wilder.



Joanne also sent me this wonderful flag. It is primitive perfection. I cannot thank Joanne enough for her generosity and thoughtfulness. I will cherish this gift forever. It makes having kidney stones bearable, almost...LOL! To visit this very talented lady's blog, click ~Here~. Tell her Dan sent you.

I have not hung the hooked rug yet because...now brace yourself...this may come as a shock to some of you...I am painting the basement! I know, I know it is about time I pick up a paint brush. Anyway, I am wanting to hang the rug in the basement so I better hurry and finish painting so I can.


The second package I opened was this cute little guy!



You may recognize him as one of Lana Testa's creations. She has been creating a series of dolls for each issue of A Primitive Place magazine. This cute American bear is for the summer issue which is out now.



The bear was sent to me by Kristine Berg Doss the editor of A Primitive Place magazine. I cannot thank Lana and Kristine enough for their generosity and hard work. I will cherish him always. To order your bear, click ~Here~.



I really do not know why I have been so blessed, but I am really thankful!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too.

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
~Laura Ingalls Wilder~

All My Best,
~Dan~

19 comments:

Penny said...

What a wonderful RAK!! I would have cried, too, had someone sent that to me! The rug is beautiful, and I look forward to seeing it hung up on your newly painted walls!
Have a great weekend......

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Dan~
What a special gift from an even more special lady!! Joanne is an amazing woman who I am fortunate to call a friend!! She had a Giveaway for a gorgeous rug and I was the lucky winner!! I really do understand your tears, as I shed plenty of my own!! The rug now hangs proudly over my bed and I did a post about it on my blog! I could not wait to hang it either, so hopefully you can get that wall painted pronto!!

Congratulations on the wonderful gift! I know she would be so happy to know you love it and thanks so much for sharing! The bear is adorable too and it was nice to get 2 Blessings in one day!! I know that helps to make you feel a bit better!!!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oh my goodness - I love all your goodies!

Robin said...

Hi Dan~ I am lovin' that hooked rug!! When you tire of it please send it to Millstone...thank you kindly!! I enjoyed your vacation, thanks for sharing. So glad you are better and on the mend.
(millstonemercantile)

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Dan, I enjoyed seeing the gifts you recived. What great friends to send them to you. Hope your feeling much better. Enjoy your evening....Julian

Janice said...

The rug is so beautiful...I would have cried too. I really like the idea of a random act of kindness...very sweet!

janet said...

Dan..The rug is simply beautiful and the letters to symbolize each of you in your family is so sweet...I love the homemade flag..I feel you received the gifts because you are such a nice and sincere man and that comes thru in your blog (even though we have never met)..Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see your new paint job and where ya put your new treasurers..
Janet

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

What wonderful gifts from wonderful people....I'm sure you'll treasure them forever! ~Kriss~

Firecracker Kid said...

Wow, what a swell surprise! Love that Joanne personalized the rug for you. We can never have too many grubby grungy teddies:) You get all this kindness, because you are worthy:)
xoxo~Carol

cottageprims said...

Dan~ The hooked rug is wonderful,such a very sweet jesture.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Robyn~Primlish said...

WOW Dan, those are such generous gifts! That rug is just gorgeous and I love how it is personalized. Those bears are so cute! You deserve to be spoiled, you do a wonderful job contributing to the APP magazine and making it such a great magazine! Thank you!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Dan,
Wow...that's the kind of mail that is fun to get. I really like the teddy...I collect them too.

Can't wait to see pics of the finished basement. Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

What great gifts you received ....so glad you are feeling better....and glad you had a nice time away to regroup....xoxo

Pam said...

The hooked rug is amazing. Love the colors and that she personalized it. Now, get back to painting!

Courtney said...

Hey, I just stopped by to visit from Joanne's blog! I have also been the recipient of Joanne's thoughtful generosity. She sent me a ton of wool when I first launched by blog! She is the best. That rug is perfect for your household! What fun!
Cheers,
Courtney

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wonderful gifts~ The rug is so very pretty~ so special~ she does wonderful work!
smiles
Teresa

Joanne said...

Oh Dan - I agree with everyone - you deserve these surprises. Your bear is wonderful - how cool and sweet! I so enjoyed doing making this little rug and so happy you like it!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Joanne was very kind (and talented, too) making that personalized rug for you. It is lovely. I've been busy painting too, but took a break this evening to vacuum dog hair. I have decided I like painting more than vacuuming.

earlene said...

That is very very sweet of her. So glad your feeling better
~Earlene~