Thursday, June 16, 2011

~Gulf Shores, Alabama...Part Two~

As most of you know, we just returned from a family vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Jeff and I travel to Gulf Shores with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and their two kids Katie (5) and Jake (21 months).

We stayed in a three bedroom, three bath condo on the beach.






We spent lots of time enjoying the ocean and the beach.









All the fun was too much for Jake!



Thank goodness he had a raft that worked as a comfy bed.






My dad is a huge history buff, so we payed a visit to the USS Alabama which was a battle ship during WW II.




Jake is ready to sign up...I wonder if they will let him bring is raft???

















We also waited to eat at some local restaurants.









And of course we did some antique shopping!


Gulf Shores is a nice place to visit. If you decide to go, tell them the Weavers sent you! = )

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too!

"A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in."
~Robert Orben~

All My Best,
~Dan~

11 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Dan, you all look so relaxed and even the kiddo's with their Uncle Dan and Uncle Jeff.

You can't beat family, great food, and SHOPPING! Did you and Hubby buy anything, if so I hope you post it!!!

Summer Blessings friend,
Tricia

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Looks like all of you had a great time. Great pictures.
BTW....I just painted my screen door on my porch today with "Kiln" and it looks great. Tomorrow I will be painting the other screen door and then the chairs.
Janet

annie said...

Glad you had a great family time! The pictures are great! Great to go, great to home to your P's too. My B-I-Law & Sissy are there now! They head back to their home in KY tomorrow. Think I should be the next one to go! Smiles headed your way!

Penny said...

I've so enjoyed seeing the pics of your family vacation! It looks like you all had a wonderful time! I have to say, however, that your little nephew sound asleep in his raft was just the cutest..... and how comfy did he look?!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I thought of you while you were away wondering if you guys were having a great time.
So glad to find out you did. Love these pictures and it was great of you to share them with us.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and be safe
Love ya
Maggie

Lori said...

Pretty neat place for us history lovers. Lori

vwestermeyer said...

We stayed in Gulf Shores a couple years ago in a great beach house. Our girls loved it.

The picture sleeping in the raft is too adorable!!

Janice said...

Welcome Back! I've heard that is such a nice place to visit. Can you believe my vacation is only starting today?! I've got some major catching up to do! : )

Take Care,
Janice

Sharon said...

Those were beautiful photos and it sure does look like everyone is having a great time.
I would love to stay in the beautiful condo.
How sweet of the little one taking advantage of a raft.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Pam said...

Looks like a fun time. Your niece and nephew are adorable.

Joanne said...

Looks like a wonderful trip - A condo on the beach sounds perfect with sand and surf and family!