Friday, June 24, 2011

~Candles Galore~

On a recent trip to The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, I went candle crazy. I just love the way a candle looks in a room. They make any room so warm and inviting. Here are some of the different candles I purchased and the ways that I displayed them.


This "candle lamp" is sitting on the gate leg table in the music room. I love the grungy candle! It is perfect!


Here is a picture of the entire display.


This "book candle" is holding a song book open in the music room.



This "book candle" is holding a child's book open on the nightstand in the kid's room.


Here is a closer picture.


This "book candle" is holding a vintage school ledger open on the desk in the keeping room.


I placed this "hanging candle" on an old wooden ironing board in the kitchen.


So, what do you think of my candle mania?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too!

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
~Edith Wharton~

All My Best,
~Dan~

17 comments:

Never So Simple said...

I love them all! I wish I had shops like that near me that sold such great candles. I love the glasses sitting by the book.

Thanks for always leaving me such weet comments!

Donna

bettyj said...

I am a candle lover too. Can never have too many!
betty

Susannah said...

OOOHHHH...how nice! Candles can make a home so cozy and comforting. It must have been very hard to read and sew by them years ago.

Susannah

Shirlee said...

I agree ... you can never have too many candles : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Since it was the only was our forefathers had light, I think they are just perfect and we can never have enough is true!

Have a great weekend! Hugs!

janet said...

I have candles everywhere in my home and couldn't agree with you more..I love them and your candles and the way you displayed them is so nice..I especially love the one on your old wooden ironing board..Have a great weekend..
Janet

Robyn~Primlish said...

OMG, I want that first candle holder so bad! That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your new candle displays, they are so pretty!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Dan, I so love everything you do! BUT where did you get the first candle holder??OMG! I am with Robyn I NEED ONE! Love it!!! OLM

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Great! Love those little book lights, I only have one ~Kriss~

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful displays! Love them all!
I need to go some of the book candle holders. Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Really nice- they all look great! Candles sure do complete a look!

basketsnprims said...

I love them all, Dan and they are displayed perfectly. How true it is that we can never have enough. I love the glow of candlelight in the evenings.
pam

Courtney said...

Those book candles are the coolest! I've never seen any before. I'll be on the lookout from now on! I keep little votives in old spooners and use them on the dining room table or the mantle. They look pretty with the candlelight shining through the pattern in the glass.
Love your displays!
Courtney

LibbiesHome said...

I'm pretty behind on my blog reading, so I took a minute to stop in. Love all the candles! Wish I knew where to find a book candle holder near me - I would use a few of those, too. Will have to do some scouting around.
Went back a post or two here and got a real kick out of your comment about starting over with the painting upstairs and Jeff's scream when reading it. :)

Connie said...

I think candles add a warmth and coziness to a room, especially when evening sets in and the glow is soft. I especially am taken with the one hanging on the vintage ironing board, cute idea.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Dan
I also love candles~ just a cozy feel with them~ if you ever get a moment~ I would love for you to stop by & visit my blog~ I just re-did my kitchen & have been posting pics~ think you might like it!
smiles
Teresa

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love it! I love candles....they just create an instant cozy atmosphere! I really love the book candle!

Have a great week, Dan!

Tammy