Monday, May 23, 2011

~Well. . . Look What the Cat Drug in!~

Hey Everyone! It is your long lost blogging friend, Dan!


I am so thankful to get to write to you again. As you know, the last few days have been pretty rough. Jeff has filled you all in with the details, so I will not bore you with them again. Let's just say that I am thankful to be on my feet again. I get stronger everyday and soon this past two weeks will be a distant memory.

The doctor has advised me to stay home from school until Friday. I know this is the best thing for me, but it is hard. Especially, when I feel pretty good. In some ways, I feel like I am playing hookie! However, I know the doctor knows best, and I do not want to compromise my recovery. I figure by the end of the week Jeff will have to tie my hands together before he goes to school to keep me from doing anything...LOL! I always have a project in the works, so when I start feeling better my mind starts racing and I want to start working again. I am going to try to refrain, or at least take it slow. = )

I wanted to try to express how grateful I am to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and concern. I am literally overwhelmed by the outpouring of geniune concern that I felt from all of you. I read each comment and reading each one made me feel very blessed and a little bit better. So many times, we can become so mired down in our own troubles that we forget to reach out to someone in need. That is surely not the case in blogland. You have all shown me so much love and concern that all I can do is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I received so many nice emails over the course of the last few days, and I promise to answer all of them as time allows. For now, know that I have read them or Jeff has read them to me. Each one meant so much to me.

I do have to publicly thank Jeff and my entire family for the love and care they gave me during this past two weeks. Nothing I can say or do can adequately thank them for all they did. I know they would say, "That is our job!", but it sure made me feel so loved to receive their care. My mom was here at a moments notice when I needed her. She sat with me when I was in terrible pain, she made lunch and dinner for me. She and my dad visited often and they have checked in on me countless times. I am so blessed.

I cannot say enough about Jeff. There is love and then there is love. He has continued to show me unconditional love and support. He has been there to help me to the bathroom, bring me medicine, quiet my irrational fears, talk me through the pain, make sure I eat, the list goes on and on. As you all know and have said to me, I am very blessed to have Jeff in my life. I can never thank God enough for giving me such a loving and supportive person to spend my life with.

Hopefully, this will be the last post I EVER have to do about kidney stones. I am ready to get back to what I love most about my life. Spending time with Jeff and the Ps x 3, decorating, and writing for the best magazine in the world, A Primitive Place. Thank you again for all the prayers you said on my behalf. They certainly are working.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too.

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
~Anthony Brandt~

All My Love,
~Dan~

29 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy to read that you are on the mend! I don't know of anyone as grateful as you.

"Be who you are. Be that well."
~ St. Francis de Sales

Cheers,
Kathleen

Ames said...

So glad you are feeling better!~Ames

Tracey said...

Dan, it's good to have you back! So glad to hear your are feeling better and that you're already thinking about new projects - that's a very good sign!

basketsnprims said...

Dan ~ I'm so glad to hear you are getting back on your feet and at least thinking of projects ~ it's so hard to keep a good man down, lol. What a blessing for you to have Jeff and such a loving and caring family. Take good care ~
pam

annie said...

Hugs & prayers & smiles! Going your way!

Orange Sink said...

Isn't blog land amazing! It is wonderful to be part of this amazing network of people who are supportive and caring! You're blessed to have your family and Jeff. It's heart warming to read your love and praise for them!

Glad you are back and on the road to a full recovery! I know the mind wants to race back to the projects but honor the body and things will go well!
Take care Dan!
Cathy G

bayrayschild said...

Dan, so glad you are well enough to personally blog.
You sure sound as if you're surrounded by wonderful people!

Take it slow and easy.

Blessings for a full recovery,
Audrey

Julia said...

Dan, it's good to see you are back at blogging. I don't comment often but I always read your blog.

I can relate to the support that one gets from blogger friends as my youngest daughter had learned that her first unborn baby boy was going to be born without his left hand. It was devastating for all of us and I was hurting along with her and her husband, but the support and information we got from blogger put things in perspective.

The baby is 4 months old now and healthy, without his left hand of course. Many blessings, JB

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Glad to hear your feeling better and your on the mend!
Didn't sound like much fun.
Don't forget a Mothers love never ends! Your lucky to have her ~ I wish I still had my mom for comfort.
Prim Blessings
Robin

cottageprims said...

Glad you're feeling better now don't over do it! I know it's hard I have trouble sitting quietly so I know you will be bouncing off the walls by friday.Occasionally a rest is good.Use your time to think of all the blessings you have and enjoy some great decorating mags to dream on.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Penny said...

Happy to hear you are feeling so much better!

Anne said...

Glad you are on the road to recovery!!! You are blessed to have so many care for you, but then again...I think its well deserved im sure.
blessings,
anne

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Dan.
Glad you are back and feeling better.
Jeff did a great of posting while you were in hospital.
Janet

Anonymous said...

i check everyday to see if there is an update. glad to hear your on the road to recovery. have a wonderful day dan..relax and recover.
thinking of you.

merrilee

Janice said...

I am so happy to hear you are back on your feet!!!! But do listen to Jeff and continue to take it easy, I know it's hard, trust me...I have the same problem. But the rest is good for you and you'll be on summer break soon and can get your projects done then. And of course I'll be anxiously awaiting the reveal of whatever you have up your sleeve! :)
Take Care,
Janice

Beckyjean said...

Dan~

So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Becky

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Glad you are feeling better! Just try not to overdo, o.k.?
Hugs,
Donna

Judy said...

Glad you're feeling better! Take care of yourself and listen to your body!

Judy C said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, your right about family and people in blog land.
They are the best!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Dan,
I am so happy to hear that you are up and about. I'm sure things will be just fine at school without you!

Have a terrific Tuesday ~Natalie

Brenda said...

Happy News!! :) Thank heaven that you are on the mending side now. Just make sure to keep drinking fluids during the hot weather. My hubby must get sick of hearing me say that, but there is nothing more terrible than watching a loved one suffer from stone blockage. Well wishes to everyone in your family!

janet said...

So glad you are feeling better and have so many people who care and love you..especially Jeff..You are truly blessed..
Janet

Lisa B. said...

Yayyyyyyyyyy! Dan is back. Woo Hoo! (Throwing confetti.) Celebrate good times - come on. So glad you are feeling better and getting stronger and stronger every day. Just remember to listen to the doctor and don't push yourself. So glad you have Jeff in your life, along with your wonderful family. You are blessed. Lisa B.

Carla said...

Welcome back, Dan! So glad you are feeling better. You were missed!

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Great news Dan!!! I'm so glad you are feeling better and I hope you never have to go through that kind of pain again!! Jeff did a great job keeping us updated!! Enjoy your time at home and REST!!! :)

Blessings,
Dana

Chris Fenwick said...

Good health to you Dan, and thanks to Jeff for the updates. Enjoy your time off I'm sure life will bring you plenty to do after Friday :o)
Thanks again Jeff for looking after the lad, you two are very lucky to have the love you have.
Hugs from down under
Chris
XXX

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

So glad to see you back!! Love and comfort from our families & friends is the most precious thing! When you go through a hard time & know that you don't have to stand alone it just makes you feel so blessed & safe. Happy you're finally on the true mend. You need to take up sewing or some other kind of a "lap hobby/craft" for those times that you can't be doing something physical. Do you sew or are you interested in learning? I bet I have a pattern with your name on it that could easily find it's way in the mail with an instruction course!! Head on over to my blog & contact me...I'd love to hook you up as thanks for your wonderful blog!! ~Kriss~

Y1M said...

DAN ~ So HAPPY to hear from you and know you are feeling much better. It is Wonderful to know you have such an Awesome Family to take care and Love you doing these days. Jeff and the Ps x 3 kept us posted on your progress. So obvious they Love and Care for you Deeply Dan. Just take it easy...please don't rush anything. Remember you are at your best when you are at 100%. ;D

Huge Hug,
Marlene

Lydia said...

Dan - I'm so glad you're feeling better! You are so lucky for Jeff - you are right, there is love and then there is love. We should all be so lucky.

Lydia