Sunday, May 29, 2011

~Summer Once More~

Since Memorial Day weekend is the start of summer, I decided to change the decorations in the wooden box on the dining room table and in my door box on the front door.

I decided to put geraniums in both boxes. I think the geranium is a wonderful summer flower and who doesn't like red? Here is how the box on the dining room table turned out.


After I filled the box, I felt like something was missing. Yesterday Jeff and I paid a visit to one of my favorite primitive stores The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. When I saw these wonderful flags, I knew what was missing from my display. They are kind of tea stained and they have thirteen stars on them. I love them!


On the mantel is a garland of green beans that I made this week. I think they look very summer like.








In the door box, I did the same thing. I placed geraniums in it and added two of the wonderful flags.







So, what do you think?

I have accomplished a lot in the last few days and I found a lot of wonderful items at The Olde Homestead yesterday. I will be sharing more of my projects and finds during the week ahead. Make sure you drop back by.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too.

"Oh the summer night has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne."
~B.W. Procter~

All My Best,
~Dan~

10 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Very nice! Red is one of my all time favorite colors! Glad you are feeling better. Have a great Memorial Day!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Dan My Friend...
The perfect touch for the Memorial and 4th of July holiday. I love both the table and the door. You truly have the touch.

Hope you and the family have a wonderful holiday. Country hugs, Sherry

annie said...

Dan, I really like the flowers. Summer is geraniums, you sound so much lore like yourself. Hoping you continue to gain your strength and energy levels back. I'm thankful for your healing! I still love that rug hanging over the fireplace!

Leather britches are an old country staple here, one of the older ladies still sells her book of stories that she named that. Use to be you could go up & down the hollow roads and see strings of them hanging on everyone's back porches. They take a long time to cook, because of being dried that way. The strings were always threaded right through the center of the beans. I like the way you positioned yours, I think it makes your garlands hang so well. Happy Memorial Day!

saracocarus said...

I love geraniums with flags! Your flags with the thirteen stars though look amazing. Glad you are back to decorating, I feel that it is healing. ~Sara

PrimHearted said...

Your geranium displays looks really beautiful...love the flags! Glad you feel better!

Robyn~Primlish said...

I love your arrangements! I use the 13 star flag on my house, I will have to look for some smaller ones for my window boxes! TFS!

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad you are feeling well enough to shop and decorate again. Your new arrangements look wonderful and I look forward to seeing what else you plan to share. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! HUGS!

Lisa B. said...

Dear Dan, I love geraniums, too. And those flags are soooooooo perfect. Everything looks great, as usual.

I just love the beans garland. I just have to do one myself. It is so neat.

Happy and safe Memorial Day.

The Prim Colonial said...

As always, beautiful inspiration. Also found myself heading to your blog today to check on what door knobs you have on your doors....I am painting and have gone to a putty color on my interior doors...the old brass hardware does not quite please me. Knew I could trust Dan for the right inspiration! Thank you! See you at The Prim Colonial~~ Beth

Lori said...

Dan
Such a wonderful and comforting home. Enjoyable stopping by, Lori