Monday, May 9, 2011

~Mother's Day Once More~

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. We had a great day, the sun was shining and the temperature was warm. Jeff and I hosted the Mother's Day dinner again this year. We had thirteen people at our house and I think everyone had a great time. I thought I would share some pictures of the day with you.


The table all ready for the guests to arrive.



I used ivory, chocolate, and paprika Fiesta. The colors were fall colors, but I loved how they looked together.




We always have place tags when we host a dinner.





I thought about moving my spring centerpiece, but decided to leave it. The color of the carrots matched the paprika Fiesta perfectly.



Our niece Katie



My grandma



My mom



Jeff's mom


My aunt



The cake

Plus, we had our own version of a Jack in the Box.

We had a Jake in the Crock.



He is down...



...Now he is up!!

It was a great day and a perfect way to honor all the mothers in our lives.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to find Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to see you there.

"Mothers are the most instinctive of philosophers."
~Harriet Beecher Stowe~

All My Best,
~Dan~

11 comments:

Janice said...

LOL! What a cute Jack in the box, I would love to know where to purchase one! Oh wait...I have two myself. : )
Take Care,
Janice

Firecracker Kid said...

All the mothers are beautiful:) You did an excellent job with the table placements, everything looked wonderful. Thanks for sharing your family with us... big and small:)
xoxo
Carol

Pam said...

Jack in the crock is cracking me up! Sounds like you all had a good time. And your cake is making me hungry!

Audrey said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. Everything looked so nice from the beautiful table setting to the lovly cake. You are blessed to have such great woman in your life and they are equaly blessed to have you.

Mumsy, Chancy and Co. said...

Very nice Mother's Day gathering. The pictures are all very nice but those last two are adorable. Beautiful cake. Glad you all had a nice day. Hugs

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dan ~
You and Jeff have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing!
LOVE your Jake in a crock. My grandson Jake is six!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Such wonderful mom's you both have to love....glad you had such a nice day with your families! I love to do table settings for get togethers too even if it's paper napkins & colored paper plates for the 4th of July, it seems as if it's a dying art don't you think? Little Jake is PRECIOUS. Peak at my boys pictures on my blog for my bragging rights :o) There's no love like a mother's ~Kriss~

primitive ole frugal mumma said...

What a Beautiful family you both have , and how cute is little jake in the crock :-)

Blessings Heidi :-)

Farmchick said...

What fun to look at your pictures!! I love your table settings..........almost the same colors of my house plus I use a splash of turquoise here and there! ;) Hope you can stop over and visit me soon. :)

Never So Simple said...

What a lovely table. What a true blessing for all the ladies to have you and Jeff in their lives. You are always so generous with your time and making everyone feel at home. Even us bloggers on the outside looking in.

Donna

Trace4J said...

Hi I am a new follower. Your home is so warm and cozy. Found your home through Linda (behind my red door) Love all the great colors.
Granny Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com