Monday, May 16, 2011

~Finally. . . A Completed Office~

Well, it has been a slow process, but I am finally ready to show you some pictures of my newly painted office. If you remember, this is the room that I write my blog and write all of my articles for A Primitive Place magazine. I think it now reflects me and the things that I am passionate about.


The walls have been painted Sisal and the trim and doors are painted Kiln. Both of these are Martha Stewart Living Colors. You can find them at Home Depot.


Jeff saved this old magazine rack out of the trash at his school. Can you believe someone was just going to throw it away?



This is my desk area. The desk was made by my great grandpa. One day I would like to get a more comfortable chair to sit in.




The middle picture was made by my mom. It has all of the articles that I wrote for the first issue of A Primitive Place magazine. The other pictures are the covers of all the issues I have written in.



This is the picture that my friend, Jerrah, made of out home tour feature in Country Sampler magazine.



My friend Kathy Parker gave me this idea. She told me that she has done something similar for her daughter Johanna Parker and herself. She has put all of the magazines they have been published in in a primitive bucket. She said I should do the same thing, so I did. This box was used by my great grandpa when he gardened. I have placed all the magazines that I contributed to in the box. I really look forward to filling it up even more.







This sign was made by Lisa from Prims From Above. She made it several months ago and I am just getting around to hanging it. I love it!



The magazine rack holds old issues of Country Home, Country Living, and Country Sampler magazines. Of course, A Primitive Place magazine has a special place of honor! There is something about decorating magazines. I cannot throw them away. I have a trunk in the office that is full of old Country Living magazines.





So, there is a tour of my office. I really like it and I know I will enjoy working in this space even more than I did before.

Now, for a quick health update. I had another kidney stone attack last night. It started about 10:00 p.m. and it lasted until about 1:30 a.m. I stayed home from school today just to be safe. I have felt better than I have in a week. I am still really tired, but I can already feel my energy coming back. I think I may finally be on the road to recovery. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as possible. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by there too!

"Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future."
~Ray Bradbury~

All My Best,
~Dan~

15 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures - the room turned out great!

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

So glad you're feeling better!!! Kidney stones! Ugh!!!...My husband ended up having to have surgery to remove his after having 2 procedures it break it up...They said it was the biggest they'd seen...

Your office looks WONDERFUL!!!!~~hugs,Jen

Pam said...

I just caught up on your post about the stones. Sounds like it was pretty bad. Glad you're feeling better! And your office looks great. I like your framed magazine articals that your Mom made. That was very sweet of her!

A Primitive Place Magazine said...

Whoa Dan! Your office looks great! I LOVE that magazine rack! I need one of those! And the framed magazine covers and articles...WOW! I haven't even gotten around to framing my covers and it is something that I need to do. You have done a wonderful job with your office. Thanks for giving A Primitive Place a special place of honor in your office. I am sorry to hear that you were in such pain with yet another kidney stone attack. I hope you get over that soon.
Wishing you well and sending prim hugs your way,
Kristine ♥

redesigngal said...

Dan: You are amazing! To feel so crummy and yet here is your brand spanking new office for us to see. What a wonderful room and your accessories are just right I love the sign your friend Lisa made...it is just too perfect for you and your home! Feel better soon...Hugs, Joy

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Evening Dan my friend...
I am so sorry to hear that you have been having problems with kidney stones. I have been there and they are horrific. I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a complete recovery.

Oh my gosh, is your office area ever gorgeous. I love, Love, LOVE the completed photos. Love the blue box with your magazines in it, so wonderful that it was your great grandpas gardening box. Makes it that much lovelier.

Your desk is so gorgeous, again how wonderful that it belonged to your family. I would so love to have something that belonged to my grandparents, any one of them. Your treasures are just wonderful.

Love the way your Momma framed your article in the center, and your magazine covers around, that was a lovely idea, and is so beautifully framed.

Take care my friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Your office turned out great!
Your decor is awesome ~ wanna come decorate mine?
Oh my gosh you have Country Home ~ I miss that magazine.
Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Janice said...

Hey Dan,
Glad to hear all is well. Your office looks wonderful...love the color! I think you need to make money with all the free advertising you do for Home Depot and Martha! : ) I love the office but I am even more happy to hear you're getting back to normal.
Take Care,
Janice

janet said...

First so glad to hear you are finally feeling better..Second I love the magazine rack and yes it's hard to believe it was being tossed out..Thank God for Jeff's keen eye to spot that baby..LOL..And lastly I love the idea of the primitive box with the magazines in it..Can't wait to see what ya are doing next..
Janet

Debbie S. said...

I also have years and years of decorating magazines! Its so fun to go grab a couple of oldies and reread them! Sorry to hear about your kidney stones! How painful! Debbie S.

Chris Fenwick said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has old decorating mags, I think I have one from the 70's !!! now that's showing my age :o)
Glad to hear your on the mend Dan, I would imagine the pain of passing a kidney stone would be somewhat similar to giving birth, not nice :o(
Your study is beautiful Dan amazing work well done, enjoy.
XX

Trace4J said...

Your office looks fantastic. I too can't throw out old COUNTRY magazines. Love them! Love the magazine rack and the colors you chose.
Hope you feeling better soon.
Granny Trace
* love how your mom framed your articles..how special!
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Primitive Memories said...

Your office looks wonderful! Thanks for giving me the idea to store my old magazines in a trunk! Why didn't I think of that before?!
You are lucky your kidney stones have passed. It is one of the most painful things ever. I had to have surgery to remove mine and it wasn't fun! I have gone thru labor and I'd have to say that the kidney stone pain was worse! So I certainly feel your pain! I hope you never have to go thru it again!

Hopefully now you can enjoy your day!
Take care,
Heather

The Prim Colonial said...

Dan, How wonderful the office looks! I am envious that you have a larger space than I do to work in! What a treat! So glad to know that you are improving daily. Just received the latest APP mag and LOVE IT. You always do a terrific job; everyone does really, it is always prim perfect. Hoping you continue to improve daily, can return to all your favorite pastimes and enjoy summer pain free. Thank you again for sharing your office. Stop by The Prim Colonial sometime and visit me, tell me what you think.

Beth

Y1M said...

Dan ~ So Happy to hear from you Love. Great to know you are doing better....still praying for a complete recovery for you.

Love the office guy...wonderful use of space. Awesome display of your magazines.

Take it a little more easy...:-/
HUGS ;),
Marlene