Sunday, April 10, 2011

~What Do You Get When You Cross A Gingham Goose With a Red Door??~

Here is a little riddle for you to try to solve today. What do you get when you cross a Gingham Goose with a Red Door???

Give up???


You get a beautiful sign with the name of the best new magazine on the market. One that I am so fortunate to have a part in!


Some of you may recognize the sign from a post on the A Primitive Place Magazine blog. It is a sign that Barb from The Gingham Goose presented to Linda, Audrey, and Margo when they came to do a magazine signing at The Gingham Goose on March 12th.

I made a comment on the blog that I would love to get my hands on one. That evening Linda emailed me and told me that Barb had another sign. Linda contacted Barb and Barb contacted me. I jumped at the chance to buy the sign. When Linda and Audrey were on a photo shoot last Saturday, they swung by The Gingham Goose and picked the sign up for me. Then Linda mailed the sign to me and it arrived yesterday!



I was so excited to get it! I did not waste much time getting it hung. I decided to hang it above the french doors in the dining room which lead to the keeping room. It will be the first thing everyone sees when they enter the house.



I cannot thank Linda and Barb enough for all the trouble they went to to get the sign to me. I will cherish it always.

I also had another package arrive on Saturday. Karen Gerhart, whose home was just featured in the 2011 Home Tour issue of Country Sampler was having a spring sale on facebook. I saw this great sheep hooked rug and purchased it from her.



I hung the rug in the kid's room. I think it looks great in there!



Here is a close up of the rug.



As you can see it was a big weekend for me. I also have some other surprises up my sleeve. I will reveal some of them later in the week. So stay tuned!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by. Always remember, "A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes."

All My Best,
~Dan~

8 comments:

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

How nice to get the sign and I sure love that sheep rug! Awesome goodies!

A Primitive Place Magazine said...

It looks perfect there! I WAS happy to help - that is until I saw why the sheep rug I wanted was no longer available when I was ready to send Karen and email!! OKay, you are forgiven for buying it before I took my sweet time deciding on it. If I didn't get it, I am thrilled you did!! SERIOUSLY - I AM!! :-)

Have a great day!! Hugs!! Linda

Prim Stacy said...

I have the same hooked rug...very cute! And I love the sign....I am a bit addicted to signs!!
~Stacy

The Barn Door said...

Since I am a rug hooker, I have to say..."nice rug". I LOVE sheep and have two that I hooked on my Etsy site.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/12758335/hand-hooked-wall-hanging-art
Karen

blessed country girl said...

I love the sign & rug! I read your blog & am always encouraged & surprised by what you've got going on! Thanks for all the positive things you share! Peace!

Sharon said...

What a great sign and the rug is beautiful.
Have a great day.

jaxonsgram said...

Love the sign! I am sure it has special meaning for you and you will always treasure it! I should have known that you would have it hung already! I need your energy. Won't you be my neighbor? LOL. I sure could use someone to pal around with and help me get moving! I did finally finish painting my drysink!! I won't mention the many other things I have to finish!

Carmen at Primcats said...

Oh the sign looks fantastic there Dan! I loveit! And that hooked rug is WONDERFUL! Perfect addition to the kids room!

Carmen and the Primcats