Tuesday, April 12, 2011

~I've Been at it Again!~

Well, I have been at it again. The paintbrush that I have permanently attached to my right hand has been up to no good.

As you know, I recently painted our front door kiln. Which is a brownish red color. I had been wanting to paint our back doors the same color, but was hesitant because the grids are inside the glass. They are white and I was afraid that would look bad.

I was recently looking through the May 2011 issue of Country Sampler magazine and I came across my friend Janice's house. I have gotten to know Janice through her blog Stairway to Home and through emails. We have found that we have a lot in common. Are houses are very similar on the inside and outside. She even has the same siding, brick and roof as we do. I have gotten several wonderful ideas from Janice and I like to think she has gotten some good ones from me too. While looking at her beautiful home I noticed that her french doors were painted a brownish red and the grids in the doors were white. To make sure my eyes were not deceiving me, I emailed Janice and asked her. Sure enough her grids are white. She encouraged me to paint the doors. She said, "Don't worry about the grids being white, people will think you did it on purpose." So I went for it last Saturday.

Here is the before. It isn't the best picture. It is the only one I could find.

Here is the after.










I love how they turned out and Janice was right about the grids. They do not bother me at all. Thanks Janice!!

So, what do you think?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by.

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open."
~John Barrymore~

All My Best,
~Dan~

26 comments:

Lori said...

That looks really great Dan. It really accents the doors nicely!

Pam said...

Oh, I like them painted. I never thought to paint my back doors before and I have no idea why not. My grids are between the glass too. I'll go check out her blog and see what her doors look like also.

Janice said...

I think the grids and the red color look great!!! The white grids tie in with the white shutters and siding trim.

And yes, I've gotten so many great ideas from you too, including your great taste in paint colors! : )

So glad to see you went with the red doors, they really warm up your patio area.
Take Care and enjoy this warm weather!
Janice

basketsnprims said...

looks great!
pam

Janice said...

I think it looks GREAT!! I love your house, you have done some amazing things to it! I love following your progress. =) I can't wait to see more!

Darline, Tammy and Pam said...

I LOVE the doors! The white and kiln work together IMHO! Good job as always!

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

The doors look fabulous, Dan! That is such a warm-looking color! Did Jeff enjoy his dip in the pool? lol The water had to be FREEZING!!

Take care,
Kris

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Dan.
Good choice. I think it looks great! I love the color. May I ask what brand of paint it is?
I am looking for a reddish brown to paint a few things around my place.
Thanks Dan.
Janet

COLONY HOMESTEAD said...

I think it looks great....hmmmm, are you gonna paint your shutters to match? I think it would look fantastic...

nancy huggins said...

I love the doors Dan..They really do look GREAT..and what a nice looking pool...makes us wonder how much people will get to swim this summer that way the weathed is.
I have been busy making quilts for the family for Christmas and have made 13 so far since Christmas.
My friend from farther North came down to visit for a few days and got me hooked on printing (Painting) my own fabric (Truly OOAK) Hop on over to my blog when you get a few minutes and let me know what you think :)

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Love the French door color...looks fantastic! Makes the doors look wood-like...What brand and official name is it? I appreciate it Dan!
Patti :)

Dan said...

The color of the paint is called Kiln. It is a Martha Stewart Living color. You can find this brand of paint at Home Depot. I hope this helps!

~Dan~

Jennifer said...

Love it!!!!!!

Primsue said...

The doors look fantastic - great color choice!

Blessings,
Sue

Susannah said...

Now, that really looks great. It makes the whole back of your house look so different. I think you made a wise choice and I love the color. Wonderful!

Friends
Susannah

Prim Patriot said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference paint can make? They look great Dan, glad you decided to paint them! :)

God Bless,
Kimberlee

ddogood said...

Your doors look awesome Dan. The curtains look beautiful through the windows, too. You should take a picture of the front of your house from outside at night. I bet it just glows!

Have a great day my friend.
Donna
Candlelady

Ginny said...

I would have been like you, not sure. But, they look great!!

Carmen at Primcats said...

It looks wonderful! Love that color!

Carmen and the Primcats

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Dan
I can honestly say~ I would not think to try it~ not sure how it would look~
I am telling you it looks beautiful~ It adds character! Well done!!!As normal you inspire me!
thanks for sharing~
Teresa

Sharon said...

I agree you did the right thing.It is beautiful.
What are you going to do with all your time when you run out of things to paint????
have a great day

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Would have never guessed it, but the white grids really make the door color pop - looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing ~*~Lisa

denise said...

love your doors! hope the dogs don't sit still for too long you might paint them.LOL!!

janie said...

The doors look great!!!

Enjoy, Janie

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

thanks Dan...going to look for it tomorrow!
patti

The Prim Colonial said...

Dan, I loge the Kiln color, looks great! Since you are in the painting mood, and awfully good at it, come on over....just picked up two gals of paint to repaint the foyer and den....there's food and beverage for the workers! :) Have a great weekend, love all you folks are doing at APP...visit me at The Prim Colonial. If you guys want to come to Florida, I can suggest some houses to shoot! There are a few prim lovers here!
Beth