Sunday, April 17, 2011

~Here We Go Again!~

A few weeks ago I told you that I had some plans for the basement. I am sure most of you figured out that it would have something to do with paint. Well, if you guessed that, you were right. I started last Saturday and finished my first project today.

This was the bathroom before:


Here is the bathroom now:


As you can see the black doors are gone and so is the knotting pine trim. While I stilled liked the black and the pine trim, I felt this look would go better with the rest of the house.



So, here is the plan. I am painting the entire basement. All of the walls are going to be sisal like the bathroom walls. This is the same color that we have upstairs and I think it will make the whole house more cohesive.



I also think it will lighten the basement up. There is no natural light down there and sometimes it feels like a cave. I am hoping that lighter walls will help. I will be painting all the trim and doors down there. I am going to keep the trim colors a secret for now.



The trim color I chose to do the bathroom in is a Martha Stewart Living color called cement gray. It was one that I picked out for the upstairs, but at the last minute I decided against it. I have regretted that decision, so I thought the basement bathrooms would be a great place to try it out.




I hope you will join me on yet another journey into the wild, wild world of painting. I am really excited about getting started, and if I like it half as much as I do the upstairs, I will be very happy.



Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. I also hope you will stop by the Yesterday Once More facebook page too.

"Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response."
~Mildred Barthel~

All My Best,
~Dan~

15 comments:

The Country Nest said...

Love it Dan! I look forward to seeing what else you do.
Donna

The Rusty Nickel said...

Dan, if you ever get tired of painting at home, I have plenty of projects you could paint, hehe!! Your house is wonderful, as always!!

Erin

Janice said...

Wow, what a difference a little paint can make. I loved your bathroom before, but you're right, the lighter colors really lighten up the bathroom. It looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest. Good luck with the painting! : )
Janice

nancy huggins said...

Love it Dan and am curious what you will be doing next..It looks great :)

Darline, Tammy and Pam said...

It looks great Dan! I know what you mean about the basement feeling like a cave at times; ours does too, although we have 2 tiny windows and a window in the exterior door. Unfortunately they are all on the same end of the basement! Again, I am inspired by your decorating/color choices.
Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Well it looiks like you're going to be busy! I do love that gray color. Can't wait to see the rest of the basement painted. You'll be done by Tuesday, right?

Hillcresthome Prims said...

You have such a knack for decorating. I love the change so much. That color just pops it is just FABULOUS.

Dan you DID it again!!!
SPring Blessings,
Tricia

The Prim Colonial said...

Love the trim color, it looks wonderful! I know you will enjoy the changes! I am doing some painting as well, and soon will tackle the doors.... working on the walls right now. Have a great week!
Beth

Primitive Echoes said...

Really looks great. I love that color. It definitely cheers it up. Spring does give us the urge to take paint brush in hand.
Kat

Mad Red Hare said...

You have soooo much energy! I am exhausted from just painting my pantry! I almost think painting a big room would have been easier.

Benita said...

I love it Dan & I admire your determination !! I can't believe how fast you have painted nearly the whole house & all the black accent pieces too ! You've done a great job as usual !!
Have a great week : )
luvs~n~hugs
Benita

basketsnprims said...

Dan, it looks great and will surely lighten up your "cave". I would love to have you send me some of your energy, lol.
pam

Heather said...

Love the new look Dan! But again I always love everything you do!! lol Thanks for sharing your pictures with us and by the way my aunt has ordered me the primitive place magazine!! woohoo cant wait to get it!!

Heather

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

LOL I think we should call you Painter Dan...
Honey I have to say I love that grey and never would I have thought of using grey like you did.
It turned out really nice. So wish I could find a Painter Dan in my area that would paint for homecooked meals or fishing in the pond. hahaha
Been missing you honey but I have been back in bed for two weeks now.
Hope your having a wonderful week
Love
Maggie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Dan
I am liking the gray~ I sampled some for my kitchen and passed~ I know I hope I don't regret it!!!LOL So hard to decide on colors!!! You are really picking some pretties~ warm, cozy and really looking colonial!!
smiles
Teresa