Monday, April 25, 2011

~Easter Once More~

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday. We had fifteen people over for supper. Jeff's family and my family came. I think everyone had a wonderful time. We had plenty to eat and a wonderful Easter egg hunt. Plus, my grandma played the piano for me...something she has not done in a very long time. Here are some pictures from the day.


Here is the table all set and ready to go.


I used some of my Fiesta. I chose to use sunflower, lemon grass, and peacock. You know how I love my Fiesta and odd numbers.









Our table will seat ten, so we had to have a little table set up.



This is my mom and Jake. It is a shame that my mom doesn't like him...LOL!





This is my dad.



This is my beautiful grandma. You all know how much I love her.



Katie in her Easter dress.



The kid's table.



Everyone is ready to eat!



Katie and Jake



Jake



Maura

Then we went to the basement and had an Easter egg hunt. My mom hide 162 eggs. I guess you know where I get my OCD tendencies...LOL!















This is Jeff's mom.



Gabe



Jeff and I feel so blessed to get to have both of our families together for a holiday. This is something we never thought we would have and we cannot thank God enough for allowing us to have this opportunity.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as you can. Look for Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love for you to stop by.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
~Desmond Tutu~

All My Best,
~Dan~

18 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Dan~ Truly a Blessed Gathering!! You can see the love in the photos. Looks like the kids had a great "hunt" and I am sure there were enough eggs to go around...lol Have a good evening. (millstonemercantile)

Raspberry Hill Crafts said...

You have a luvly home...and all that family..luvly to see. :-]

The Rusty Nickel said...

Dan, isn't it so much fun cooking for a big group? I love when I have guests, I use to cater so I guess cooking for a big group comes a bit easier :) 162? Wow, we should have sent my little one your way!!

Erin

Janice said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Easter with your family.
I loved the table setting and center piece... beautiful! I can tell how hard you worked hard getting your house ready but it paid off, it looks like everyone was really enjoying themselves.
Take Care,
Janice

Penny said...

What beautiful families you and Jeff have! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter all together -- how blessed you are!

Sandy said...

Hi Dan, How wonderful to be able to have both families together to celebrate Easter. Your table setting was so festive ;)

The kids looked like they had lots of fun! WOW...162 eggs...now that's alot!

Sandy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dan ~
Looks like a great time was had by all!
Where were the Ps?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

janet said...

What a great time everyone had and such a beautiful family..I hid 64 eggs for my grandson all through the house..I too can understand the OCD..LOL..Have a great week..

Winona said...

Great pic's,glad you all can be together. Looks like you all had a wonderful time together too. 162 eggs....WOW!!!
Your Grandmother is beautiful!!!
Winona

jaxonsgram said...

What a beautiful table setting! Love the color of the dishes, it definately says spring! I will ask once again Dan, where do you get your energy? I hope one day to wake to just half the energy you have!!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

What a wonderful Easter! There's nothing better than spending those moments with family. It's so fun to spend the time putting together a nice dinner or party...if you're like me it's not work but a labor of love! Great job on the table setting, so cheerful! So happy for the blessings you & Jeff have built together as a family! ~Kriss~

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Dan, you did it again. You blow me away! Your family and your FABULOUS home is just wonderful. Your dinner tables and that centerpiece is breath taking! You sure know how to dress a table!
Your Grandmother is a beautiful woman. That is a beautiful gift that she gave to you playing on the piano. Oh, how I would have loved to hear that,those were the days!
Thanks for sharing you family and your home with all of us!
Spring Blessings,
Tricia

Robyn~Primlish said...

I had to do a second take on the fifth picture...I thought the name tag said God, lol. Your table was gorgeous and your Easter looked just perfect for all! I am so jealous that you are able to have both families together for the holidays. After my FIL died, my MIL decided she didn't want to be around my family anymore.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful Easter day with us! I just love your home!

Benita said...

I'm glad you & Jeff both had your families there to share Easter with Dan !! Your house looks perfectly lovely ~ as always !!
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

Sharon said...

What a beautiful table setting it looks so festive for sure.
162? Did you find them all?
It is so wonderful to have family time.
Thanks for sharing yours with us.

Never So Simple said...

Dan,

I loved everything! You have such a good eye for decorating. The table is so pretty and everyone looks so happy!

Donna

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dan honey I always love it when you share your family with us. I am so happy that you had a both families over for Easter. Your a sweetheart and who would not want to spend holidays with you and sweet Jeff.
162 eggs is amazing. hahaha I had to laugh when I read this and I could just imagine your mom hinding that many. hahaha
Don't you love Fiesta. I know I love mine. Our Easter was canceled because of what happened to Christi but I am just thankful that it was not worse than it was. She is such a sweet girl and for someone to do this to her is just unbearable. I am hoping to see her tomorrow because she still does not feel good.
Your comment honey made me feel better and I so love you
Maggie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Dan
What a lovely Easter~ beautiful decorations~ good food and family~
I really enjoyed all the pics~ thanks for sharing your family Easter with us!!
smiles
Teresa