Thursday, March 31, 2011

~Surprise #2...Let There Be Light!~

I thought I would share with you my second surprise. I had been admiring a lamp in a local primitive store for quite some time. Last Friday, I decided to buy it. I love it!


I put the light in the sitting area of the master bedroom. You may remember that I have another tin light in this area and I love how they look together.


I painted the table the light is setting on black this week also. I didn't do a post on it because I was afraid you all may try to stage an intervention...LOL!



I love the warm glow that the light gives off. I leave it on all the time. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and just look at it.








So, what do you think?

I also wanted to tell those of you who live within driving distance of Mt. Vernon, Illinois that The Olde Homestead is having their annual spring gathering. It takes place on Friday, April 1st 5-9pm, Saturday, April 2nd 10-5 pm, and Sunday April 3rd 12-4 pm. I am planning on going at least one of the days. It is going to be a great event. If you happen to stop by, tell them that Dan sent you. Here is the address:

The Olde Homestead
53 W. Crownview
Mt. Vernon, Illinois 62864
618-246-1055
www.theoldehomestead.net

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. As always, I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will continue to come back as often as you can. If you haven't done so, check out Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to have you stop by there too. Always remember, "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't."

All My Best,
~Dan~

22 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Dan, What are we going to do with you. I love the light. It is beautiful and it just gives off enough light to make your room inviting and cozy!!!!I also see your beautiful curtains, I love them and the color is FA-U-LOUS!
You did it again my friend, another great, awesome post. I wish you would keep writing and posting pictures because I don't want it to end, I can tell you a teacher and a GREAT at that!My Mother is a school teacher and we need more teachers like you and my Mother that really care for their students, she too is a special needs teacher and she enjoys it very much but she is 63 yrs. old now.
Tomorrow is Friday and you and your Hubby Jeff will have a great weekend and maybe you will find some goodies to post.Maybe a tine light, SSSHHH I didn't say anything! LOL!!!

Have a wonderful night!!

Spring Blessings,
Tricia

Char said...

Your home is really coming together beautifully with all the little touches you are bringing into it!

Traci said...

That is one handsome lamp and I bet the glow is just as welcoming on the outside of the window. Thanks for sharing your new treasure with us..

Blessings, Traci

Angela said...

Dan, Love the new lamp, the curtains and the old typewriter I see on a table on the other side of the lamp. I use to have one of those and got rid of it and now I see them being used everywhere. Wish I had kept mine. Love all the pieces you have painted black. I have some black in every room in my home. Love your home. thanks for sharing the photos.

janet said...

Dan,I love the lamp a lot and the desk done in black is beautiful..I too have been putting something black in every room of my home..Your part about the intervention was too funny..Have a great weekend..

Carla said...

Love the new light, Dan! Great choice!

Prim Stacy said...

Oh my....LOVE it!!!! So perfectly prim!!

~Stacy

Chris Fenwick said...

Very unusual Dan, I LOVE it!!, we see nothing like it here in Australia, we seem to be moving more and more away from the "Prim" look, which is sad for me because I love it, but the French Provincial style seems to be the thing here, all white and neutral, pretty but definitely not Prim, :o((

Chris
xx

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Very nice Dan - I can see why you just had to go back and get it!!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

So cozy!! I'd leave it on all of the time too! I really wish we had stores that carry such wonderful things around here....think maybe I'll head to your area for a weekend of shopping, could stay with you & it would be like staying in a B&B :o) Love it!! ~Kriss~

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love-love the black! Really like the shape of the lamp, too. I prefer the glow of a lamp but my people are fluorescent light people...ongoing lighting war at our house...LOL. Thanks so much for sharing ~*~Lisa

nancy huggins said...

Love the new lamp and I understand how it is when you enjoy just looking at something...I have fabric I do that with :)

Delena said...

I love the lamp too and so enjoy your blog with your passion for your home. Refreshing!

Joanne said...

Great lamp - i can see how that would haunt you until you bought it! Nope - I don't think there will be any calls to Candy Finnegan (of Intervention) Me thinks we are all loving seeing what you will do next! Love reading blogs like yours for ideas and inspirations!

Janice said...

The lamp is so cute. I like all your new editions and how period your house is staring to look. Very nice!
Janice

Anne F said...

Dan, that is such a great light and I bet it looks awesome at night. Great buy my friend. Everything is looking so good you are doing an awesome job.

Lisa B. said...

Oh, Dan, I love the new lamp. Enjoy.

Judy said...

Love the new lamp and wonderful close ups of your new curtains your mama made...they are BEAUTIFUL! She should start a business...BUT you keep her too busy! LOL! Keep those pics coming! I SOOOO enjoy them. Enjoy your weekend!

Becki said...

Hi Dan, I love the lamp, and your sitting area as well. And again, you can't go wrong with black paint LOL!

Becki

winterberryprimitives said...

IM so in love with your home..you have a flare for sure..I love the front porch,
everything
and I love your blog...I started a new blog and Im trying so hard to get it to look right, before I publish it..LOL...yours is awesome!

conservatories northern ireland said...

Cute lamp! Adds more beauty and class in your room. Plus its what to want most.

Y1M said...

What a beautiful lamp Dan. WINNNNNING!!!! :DDD You, have great taste, now I'm want one too. Displays perfectly.

Hugs,
Marlene