Friday, March 18, 2011

~Spring Once More~

We usually do not do a lot of seasonal decorating around our house except for a little fall and a lot of Christmas. This year, I have been inspired by the warm weather and seasonal decorations I have seen in blogland and on Facebook, so I decided to join in on the fun.

I have a large wooden box sitting in the middle of the dining room table. I thought this would be a perfect place for my seasonal display. This is what I came up with.


I already had the two rabbits, so I once again sent Jeff out to the barn to find them. I got the springtime greenery at Hobby Lobby.


The fabric carrots and the "Carrots 4 Sale" sign came from a local primitive store. The name of the store is The Cranberry Merchant. If you are ever in Southern Illinois, you should take the time and pay them a visit. It is a great store with lots of primitive and Colonial inspired items.





It almost looks like the rabbits are hiding in the grass getting ready to steal the carrots.





I am really happy with the way it turned out. What do you think?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as you can. Don't forget that Yesterday Once More is now on Facebook. I hope you will stop by and say hi when you can. Always remember, "Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

All My Best,
~Dan~

13 comments:

Mumsy, Chancy and Co. said...

Dan, that is just adorable! You have such great talent you maybe should do more seasonal decorating...this display is wonderful! Hugs

denise said...

that's way too cute! i'd like to know what brand and where you bought your black paint? i can never find what i want. denise

Penny said...

Love your display! And agree with the other poster that you should do more seasonal decorating!!
Happy Spring!

Joanne said...

Love those bunnies and carrots - the whole disply is perfectly prim!

Craftyperson said...

Hi Dan...

Everything looks amazing...The bunnies and carrots fit perfect in your trencher..
Great Spring Thyme display..

Have a great weekend.
Prim hugs,
Trena

SANDI said...

Wonderful display Dan.

Benita said...

Perfect centerpiece Dan !!! Good luck with your project today ~ can't wait to see pics : )
luvs~n~hugs
Benita

bittersweetandprim said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all I can say! Man I wish you lived closer so you could decorate my place!! lol
Heather

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Love it! Those little rabbits are so cute!

grandma peden's porch said...

love it!!!!! i can't wait to see whar you do with each season or holiday. now you've got something started.
marilyn

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

It is really sweet....I have some of those fabric carrots...now where did I put them?? Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

janet said...

Very nice

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Dan you did a great job on your Spring display!! I love all the greenery!! The carrots and the bunnies are so adorable!! Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Dana