Sunday, March 27, 2011

~A Little Tweaking~

I did some tweaking today due to a few purchases that I made over the weekend. The scene of the crime took place in the small hall area off of the music room. For those of you who may not remember, this area once held a wet bar. During our recent paintathon, we took out the wet bar and replaced it with a wonderful old red cabinet.


The house was already there, but everything else on the cabinet it different.


I found this great light on Friday when my friend, Jerrah, and I were out shopping. I had been wanting to put a little more light in this space, so this light was perfect. I got the light at the Cranberry Merchant which is located in Carterville, Illinois.


I felt like the space in front of the light was a little bare, so I spelled out the word firkins with these old alphabet blocks.


I got this basket at a local antique store. I thought the height of it would create some symmetry between it and the house.


I got this hanging candle holder yesterday at The Olde Homestead in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. I had been looking for one of these for quite some time, so I was really happy to find it. The only problem is that I think I could get addicted them really easily...LOL!


Here is a close up of the candle holder. I love the grungy candle that is in it!

I made two more purchases this weekend that I am really excited about. I need to do a couple of things before I can share them with you, but I think you will love them. So stay tuned!

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to check out Yesterday Once More on facebook. I would love to have you. Always remember, "Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

All My Best,
~Dan~

21 comments:

Patti said...

Love your purchases! The spot looks great! Your new basket is my favorite purchase ~ simply lovely!

Blessings, Patti

Mary said...

You always amaze me with your talent! I just love old alphabet blocks, they're very hard to come across these days.

bittersweetandprim said...

The area looks prim perfect, love everything you did, but then again I always love everything you do!! Thanks for sharing.
Heather

Carla said...

Hi Dan,
I love tin lights and yours is no exception. The candleholder is great! I may have to hunt for one of those! Can't wait to see your other new goodies!

Janice said...

Love your finds and can't wait to see what else you purchased! The little light is adorable. :)
Janice

Jerrah said...

Fabulous! Do you like that word? Wish Jeff could have joined us. Love the candle too.

Constance said...

Hi Dan,
I can't say which is my favorite as I just love the entire display. Baskets, little houses, blocks, and candle lights on a red chest well you have gathered together a display of all of my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing.
Take care,
Sallie

nancy huggins said...

I am going to have to check and see where the cool places are to shop near me...I know I am not real far from you so maybe you know some places close to me :)
I love the red dresser and I have a small dresser in the main bathroom and had it stripped a long time ago but could never make up my mind as to what color to paint it. I like the red but not sure how it would look in my bathroom.
Can't wait to see what else you got :)

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Very nice Dan!! That basket is wonderful and the light is perfect in that spot! Isn't it nice to find something you have wanted? I am so glad you did! Now I am looking forward to seeing your other purchases!! Hugs!

janet said...

Wonderful..You have created a very nice area there in your hall..I laughed when I read "the paintathon"..I bet ya are glad it's over..or is it..LOL..Can't wait to see your other purchases..Have a great week..

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

I'm always amazed that even if I buy ONE thing that leads to some tweeking and that tweaking leads to more tweaking and more tweaking leads to a lot of tweaking......but all part of the fun! Love your finds......! Hope you had a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lynn

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Dan, I luv the vignette and the house is a great find. Thanks for sharing...........Julian

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Oh Dan, I love all the goodies that you bought. You have GREAT taste. I love the basket and the candle holder is prim perfect. I also LOVE the light. I have a few and that one you bought is PERFECT where you placed it, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Great idea with the children's blocks, it is such a great touch to have it say firkins, which is my favorite!!!

I love your home, thanks for ANOTHER great post. I sure do look forward to reading your blog when you post.
Spring Blessings,
Tricia

Never So Simple said...

I love it all. I am a huge basket fan but I love the grundgy candle and holder!

Donna

Carmen at Primcats said...

Looks Great Dan! Love that little Door candle holder! Adorable!

Carmen and the Primcats

Doris said...

Love the looks of the whole area - the light is perfect

Primsue said...

Great display - I love your new light and basket.

Blessings,
Sue

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Dan ~ I love your new wares, you seem to find the best primitives. Thanks for sharing. I collect old alphabet blocks, they are very hard to come by.
pam

renee said...

Dan~ I like everything! I like the red cabinet of course! Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a good week.
Renee

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Love the little tin lamp!! You can just feel the love in your home through the pictures....so need to get some posted on my blog!! Love to see the goodies you find! ~Kriss~

lilraggedyangie said...

hello I m a new follower , what a great blog you have decorated your home divinely. Enjoy your evening .
hugs
lil raggedy angie