Thursday, March 17, 2011

~Hoosier Daddy??? A Makeover~

I am sure by now you are wondering if there is any black paint left in Illinois. Well, I am happy to report that there is and I have been using it...a lot!

My latest project in the Hoosier cabinet that is in the basement kitchen.

This is the before...



This is the after...


As you can see, I painted it black. It had been refinished before I bought it, so I didn't feel guilty about changing it.




I painted the inside of the cabinet cornucopia which is the gold trim color I used in some of the rooms upstairs. I chose to use this color because of an upcoming project I have in the works.



I also changed what I had on the counter of the cabinet. I am still tweaking this so it may change. Who am I kidding? It will probably change...LOL!





When I painted the cabinet, I put only one coat of the black paint on. This allowed the wood color to show through without me having to do a lot of distressing. It is hard to see in the picture, but the wood color does show through.



I really like the way it turned out. I think for now I am done painting furniture black. I am hoping to paint the front door this week, but I promise it will not be black.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Don't forget to look for Yesterday Once More on Facebook. I would love to have you. Always remember, "Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures."

All My Best,
~Dan~

18 comments:

Robyn~Primlish said...

Dan~
I love all your painted furniture! I keep telling my husband all the different projects you are doing and he wanted me to remind you to STOP IT! ;) JK! Great job! Love it!

jojo said...

I had to chuckle at your post title! I love the cabinet painted black, you've got me looking around the house thinking of what I could possibly paint black...hmmmm.

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Dan ..its been fun wacthing everything turn black... I was wondering now that you are an expert if you'd like to come down to my shop and spend the day painting all on my items Bladk for me... Sure would cut down on my work load and you seem to have become the expert... Smile!

Cupboard looks really nice!!

Have a great weekend!

Tonya

Jeannette said...

Hi Dan! Looks great - I can see the wood showing and like the look - clean distressing!! Your advertising tins really pop inside the black. My front door is also on the paint list once I decide on the color??? Have fun - Jeannette

bittersweetandprim said...

Hi Dan, looks great and loved the way it turned out! Your just like me, big on black! Cant wait to see what colour you paint your door! Have a great day
Heather

Never So Simple said...

Every thing turned out great. I could look at your house all day. It's full of collections and so many ideas.

Donna

Dale Elizabeth ~ ACountryshop.blogspot.com said...

Dan I love the way you collect what you love, and display it, and yet it never looks cluttered. When I see some of the things that you have, eg. high chair, spices, typewriter w/books, I make myself sick at what I got rid of because I didn't know how to use it. You do an excellent job at that! Everything looks like it was MEANT to be where it is.

Grammee Linda said...

LOVE the post title Dan... you have a way with words and it is very clever!

The hoosier looks great and now I am intrigued by what you are doing after this. I am sure it will be more eye candy!

Have a great weekend!! HUGS!

Lori said...

"Hoosier Daddy"! LOL That gave me a good chuckle this morning. I so needed that. It looks great Dan!

Carmen at Primcats said...

LOL at Hoosier Daddy! Made "Once you go black, you never go back" pop into my head. Bawahahahahaha!!!! :)

Love the hoosie black... of course!

Carmen and the Primcats

Beckyjean said...

Dan~

Love the title of your post. It was my chuckle for the day. I love all black paint in your home. The hoosier looks wonderful & really makes your tins pop. Have a wonderful day.

Becky

puddie said...

Hi Dan -

I love your makeovers! I, too have been on a "black" kick - but mine has been changing some of my accessories to black - some bowls, pottery, stacking boxes, and other small items. What a difference!! It makes things look more colonial and just seems to "fit" better. And, to think your article in APP inspired me! Great job!

Sandy said...

It looks like you are having a whole lot of fun with that black paint ;) I have to admit that all your pieces look awesome! You sure have been busy!

Here's hoping to a wonderful weekend!

Sandy

blessed country girl said...

Dan, that sure changed the look of the cabinet! You must really like the black!! I will say, I sighed with relief when you put away your brush, I'm so glad Jeff's piano escaped! Teasing you!! You have a beautiful home!!

nancy huggins said...

All of your furniture looks great..you have inspired me to start doing the same but I will have to take mine outside on a nice day to paint.
You have a very nice home:) I love your fur babies too

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow what a big change in this cabinet. I have to say I really like it better in the black.
You have me wanting to do my mama's bedroom suit in this so bad. Can't wait til all this rehab is over so I can do it.
Hope you and Jeff have a wonderful weekend and promise me you will not paint anything but enjoy your time with Jeff. lol
Love ya sweetie
Maggie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I am lovin all the black~ Wonderful job~
Teresa

Lori said...

Oh my, that is a wonderful makeover!