Sunday, March 6, 2011

~Country Spirit, The Booth, Staff, and Fans~

I had the great privilege of attending the Country Spirit Antique Show in Arcola, Illinois this past weekend. A Primitive Place magazine had a booth there. I got to meet the editor, Kristine Berg Doss, for the first time along with her husband, assistant editor, Jeremy Doss and their adorable four year old son, Damon Doss. It was so nice to meet them and we had a great time getting to know each other a little better.

Here are some pictures of the booth that we worked out of. We sold an unbelievable amount of magazines, took over a hundred subscription requests, and signed several magazines.
















Here are some pictures of the APP staff that were able to attend. Stylist, Kimberlee Johnson, could not make it because she was sick. I was really disappointed, but I am sure since we only live an hour and a half away from each other, I will get the opportunity soon.




~The editor Kristine Berg Doss and me~
We just finished setting up our booth so that is why I don't look too good.


~Assistant editor Jeremy Doss, me, and Damon Doss~



~Damon Doss and me~

We also got to meet some members of the APP forum, followers of my blog, some of who I forgot to take pictures of = ( , and fans of the magazine.






It was a wonderful weekend and I enjoyed meeting everyone who stopped by. I will share some pictures of the other booths in an upcoming post, so stay tuned.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Always remember, "One kind word can warm three winter months."

All My Best,
~Dan~

9 comments:

Patti said...

Dan, It was such a pleasure to meet you and the APP team! So glad to hear that it was a successful show for you and the magazine. Hope that you found a bit of time to shop ~ all three shows were so wonderful!

Blessings, Patti

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so excited you got to attend the show and it looked like it was a lot of fun...wish I could have been there!! 100 new subscriptions...just amazing! I'd say the weekend was a huge success!!

Have a great week!

Carla said...

Dan,
It was a great pleasure to meet you. I am so glad it was a successful weekend for APP. I know it was lots of work for all of you, but I am glad you enjoyed it. The shows were wonderful! I think I should start playing the lottery with you and start with a bigger house for all of the treasures I wanted! I hope I get the opportunity to meet you again.
Have a great week!

nancy huggins said...

Oh my Goodness...You were only about 45 min from where I live now. I live in a town called Mode which is 10 miles south of Shelbyville. I wish I would have know about it...might have tried to take a ride over. How far do you live from Shelbyville or do you even know where it is?
Nice pictures and great you got to meet so many people :)

Janice said...

Dan,
It looks like you had so much fun while working very hard. How cool you got to meet so many people. Wish I could have been there to meet you in person! : )
~Janice

~ Regan said...

Aw, you look thrilled to be there! I'm so glad you sold so many magazines!

Robyn~Primlish said...

The booth was just gorgeous and it really drew a lot of people in! I am so happy I made the trip to meet you and Kristine in person!
Congrats on all the success and in no time you will be getting the amount on your paycheck that is displayed on Damon's caculator! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan! Just wanted to say "hi" once again! This past weekend was really nice and meeting you was a pleasure. You have inspired me and I am now painting my drysink and a few things that I found this weekend! I also found the primer you mentioned! Thanks for the tip! Jax

Mumsy, Chancy and Co. said...

Nice pictures Dan. I am glad you enjoyed the weekend. Everyone in the pictures looked as if they were enjoying also. Hugs