Tuesday, February 22, 2011

~Word of the Week "Week 7"~

Thank you for joining me for my 7th installment of my word of the week. I hope that you are enjoying the word of the week and that you are drawing some inspiration from reading the post and thinking about the word i choose.

If you decide to write about the word of the week on your blog, please let me know. I really enjoy reading them and seeing some of the different thoughts that you have on the word of the week.


This week's word of the week is ~Peace~.

Peace is a word that is thrown around a lot these days. With all the turmoil that occurs in the world, the thought of peace helps us get through the bad days.

I think the most important form of peace is the peace we find within ourselves. Without this inner peace, nothing is possible. How do we find inner peace? I believe it is found through self-acceptance. Until we find peace with who we are and what we believe there will never be peace in our world or in our lives.

Accepting ourselves is hard to do. We are our own worse critic after all. We know ourselves so well, that we see all our faults and shortcomings much easier than other people. It is time to start reflecting more on what we can do and less on what we cannot do. We all have unique talents that no one else has. Sometimes we do not even know our talents until we try.

I believe that one way to find self-acceptance and ultimately peace within is to have confidence in ourselves. So, this is what I want you to do. List five talents or things you like about yourself. I would love to read them in your comments, but if you do not feel comfortable doing that list them for yourself. Put the list somewhere you can see it everyday and when you feel down or defeated, read the list. I think this will eventually lead to accepting ourselves and then to inner peace.

Here is my list...

1. I am a thoughtful person.
2. I am empathetic.
3. I am a good decorator.
4. I am a good writer.
5. I am a good, partner, puppy daddy, son, grandson, brother, uncle, friend,
and teacher.

Now it is your turn!


Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. As always, I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Always remember, "Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

All My Best,
~Dan~

7 comments:

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Wonderful post Dan!! here is another one for your list... You are a caring, uplifting and thoughtful friend to those who know you through the internet!!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Another wonderful word of the week... I'm a very lucky person because I was able to find that inner peace within myself long ago...and I couldn't agree more, when we can't find the peace within ourselves it is very hard to find peace in anything.

Have a peaceful evening!!

Blessing
Tonya

SANDI said...

I agree...Another wonderful word of the week.
I look forward to these every week.
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

LibbiesHome said...

Another word of the week that hits me between the eyes. (How do you keep doing that?!) As I am commenting at 2:00 a.m. peace is something in short supply for me lately. Thank you for your thoughts about each of the words. It truly is meaningful and helpful to me each time.

About Vintage French Hen said...

Hi Dan, I just found your very creative and inspirational blog, I love your home and your adorable schnauzers! Believe me, peace is on my mind every single day. My son is in the Army and has decided to get out before he is sent to Afghanistan or Egypt. What is going on? I know it's an old cliche but..."Can't we all just get along"? Enjoy your week, Marcia

Sharon said...

Thanks for the word of the week.
I must get on my thinking cap. You have put it so wonderfully and I agree with every thing you wrote. I will have to work on it.
Have a nice day.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hey honey another good word I will have to get busy. I am trying to do one every week with you but I did miss one.
Things I like about myself....I never answered this before in public....let's see
reliable, friendly, honest, strong, a good mother and grandmother.
Love ya
Maggie