Sunday, February 6, 2011

~Word of the Week "Week 5"~

Thank you for joining me for my fifth installment of my word of the week. Remember if you choose to do a post about the word of the week, let me know. I really enjoy reading them.

This week's word of the week is ~Loyalty~.

When I think about the word loyalty several different ideas come to mind. We are loyal to our friends even when we think they are wrong. We stand beside them and support them in their decisions and we are there for them if things fall apart.

We are loyal to our jobs. We try to do our best even when everything we do seems wrong. We strive to do the best job we can and we give 100% all the time even when we do not feel appreciated.

We are loyal to our partners through the good and the bad. Through the agreements and disagreements. We love them unconditionally and support them in what they do and dream of. We remain faithful to them through all things and never stop loving them.

We are loyal to our families. Every family disagrees or has issues, but we stand together and look out for one another. We choose to put our petty differences aside and realize that we are a family and know that together we can achieve anything.

We are loyal to our pets and they are even more loyal to us. Even when we have to spank them because they are chewing on a new rug...I am not mentioning any names...LOL! They love us completely and would fight to the death to protect us and their home. All they want in return is a little love. I think dogs are the true definition of loyalty.

I am blessed to have four examples of loyalty in my everyday life. Every night when I come home there are always four precious souls happy to see me and will do everything in their power to make me happy when I am sad, strong when I am weak, and loved when I feel unlovable. I can never thank God enough for bringing them into my life. They are precious and beautiful in every way possible. They are...

Jeff


Parker


Peyton


and Paycee...the little rug chewer

Of course, I could not mention loyalty without mentioning all of you. You loyally read me blog and come by for a visit when you can. You lift me up when I am down, you rejoice in my triumphs, you mourn in my loses, and above all you accept me for who I am and that means the world to me.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will come back as often as you can. Do not forget to enter to win a free one year subscription to A Primitive Place magazine. The deadline is February 13th and the winner will be announced on February 14th. See the post under this one to enter. Always remember, "Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life."

All My Best,
~Dan~

16 comments:

Julia said...

Dan, I always love your word of the week and although I haven't posted it on my blog yet, I've been following. My Chenese zodiacc sign is a dog and I'm a loyal person to my spouse, family and friends and even to my farm animals. I agree with all your descriptions of "Loyalty."
Loyalty is one of my strength and I so admire it in other people. JB

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

I love these posts!

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Wonderful word - wonderful post!

Mumsy, Chancy and Company said...

Dan I am really enjoying reading your word of the week posts. I thought about doing a post on the last word but never got it done. I may try to get a post for this word though. I will let you know if I do. You are really choosing some great words. I love all the pictures of those that are loyal to you. Have a great week. Hugs

Jo-Anne said...

Being a "lover of words", both written and spoken, I have enjoyed reading your word of the day posts. I have thought about joining in, but I can't ever pick just one word...and then the moment is gone.
I have to agree with you about your sweet doggies loyalty. Our two labs are such wonderful companions to me, especially because my husband travels a lot for his job. (He is a coach at a university) In addition to that, three of my four babies have now left the nest and it feels very empty. I am so thankful for my "furry children" and their unconditional love and loyalty.
oxox
Jo-Anne

Lisa B. said...

My friend's name is Loyal. Isn't that cool? Love your blog, Dan, always.

Lisa B.

Lori said...

Very well said Dan! I loved reading every word of it!

SANDI said...

I look forward to your word of the week.
It makes me stop and think twice about things.
Your words and the way you describe things, is so true.
Thanks for sharing...
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Sharon said...

I want to tell you how I love the word of the week.It really makes me stop and think about a lot of things. I agree that our furry friends are sure loyal to us. I can not believe by looking at that face that it could possibly be your rug chewer.LOL.
Have a nice day.

Janice said...

Loyalty is such a strong word with such deep meaning. It is also important to think about ways in which we stand loyal to our own needs or our own beliefs...being loyal to "you" is also a big part of loyalty. Thanks for making my brain think today! : )

Janice

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Great post!

janet said...

Great word and what a fabulous post..I love this blog..

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Dan, I am glad to find your blog and to also see you luv Americana and primitives also. I just sighned us up as one of your new followers. Luv you pups too CUTE............Julian

Beckyjean said...

Dan~

Lovely post. You do such a wonderful job on your word of the week. I so enjoy reading them.

Becky

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Just had to comment on what a handsome family you have! Some a little furrier than the rest, but handsome just the same. :)