Wednesday, February 23, 2011

~Ironstone...It's Not Just for Big People~

Some of you may know that I have a weakness for dishes. It is a weakness I inherited from my mom. There are so many different types of dishes that I collect or would like to one day collect.

One of the dishes that I would one day like to collect is white ironstone. Jeff and I were out antiquing a couple of months ago, and I stumbled upon this white ironstone child's tea set. I had to have it to display in the kid's room.


I think it looks really good on the whitewashed table.



It was missing the creamer. I hope one day to be able to find one.



It isn't in the best shape. It is discolored and has some glazing cracks, but I think that adds to its charm.



I wonder how many kids have played with it over the years.



So, what do you think?

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. As Always, I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will come back as often as you can. Always remember, "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

jojo said...

I think that is just the sweetest little set, you were lucky to find so many pieces together. Love it, and it looks great on the whitewashed table..;j

Jennifer said...

That is just thee MOST adorable thing ever!! Can't wait till my kids move out and I can have a guest bedroom to do up LOL Nahh..just kidding?!

Ames said...

Oh Dan I love the tea set and the table and chairs too! I'd love to collect ironstone for children! My first grandaughter is coming this March and I have already started looking around for a nice tea set for her. I bought one 17 years ago, but my daughter only had boys but I gave up and I sold it. Now she is finally getting a girl and I get to play with girly stuff again. Yay! ~Ames

Carla said...

Oh, Dan! That is precious! I love children's dishes and the white ironstone is perfect. Love, love, love it!

bittersweetandprim said...

That is a beautiful tea set and I LOVE the table you put the set on, okay well I love the whole room! Its just perfect! Thanks for sharing and stop by to see me, my cousin and I are having our first giveaway!! woohoo! Its going to be fun, so make sure that you come by to enter!!
Heather

Jeanne said...

Very beautiful....and I agree, you were very lucky to find an almost complete set!! I love the look of ironstone....it displays so nicely, especially in the Spring with some flowers.
~Jeanne~

Patti said...

Dan~They are just adorable. I think with the crazing,chips and discoloration is what makes them so perfect.

SANDI said...

Adorable! Love how you have it displayed on the childrens table.
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Carmen at Primcats said...

So pretty! I love it. I will keep an eye out for a creamer for you at our antique malls. :) I think I have seen those sets before.

Carmen and the Primcats

Janice said...

It looks adorable. I also have a weakness for dishes, but I'm sure you have me beat. I collect white ironstone, pewter, and yellow ware. I have recently started collecting bennington pottery and it's my new sickness.
: )
Janice

Firecracker Kid said...

Nice find! That's too darn precious. Simple, but so posh.
Carol

Jerrah said...

Very nice! I forgot about these and you forgot to mention me!!! Just kidding :)

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

The children's ironstone is so cute, Dan. Your nieces and nephews have such a cozy room to play in.

Lana said...

How adorable! To be honest, I prefer the ironstone with discoloration and crazing. :)