Sunday, January 16, 2011

~Word of the Week "Week 2" & A Blogiversary~

This is my second week for my new word of the week post. I will be selecting a new word to celebrate each week. If you choose to write about the word of the week on your blog, please let me know. I have really enjoyed reading the posts that you have written, so keep up the good work.


This week's word is ~Faith~. So many different thoughts come to my mind when I think of the word Faith. My grandma always taught me that we should have Faith the size of a mustard seed, and I always try to remember that. This is one of my favorite quotes about Faith.

"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to."

There is a lot of truth in that quote. We all have Faith in many different things. We have Faith that the sun will come up tomorrow. We have Faith that the spring will come again. We have Faith that we will wake up tomorrow. We have Faith that we will return home after work. We have Faith that we will live to see our children and grandchildren grow up. These are the things that we usually take for granted. They are what I think of as "easy Faiths".

We should also have Faith in the "hard Faiths". We should have Faith that God will heal us when we are sick or someone we love is sick. We should have Faith that God will heal our broken hearts or spirits. We should have Faith that there will be peace on earth one day. We should have Faith that there will be an end to world hunger. We should have Faith that the evil in people will be overcome by the good in them. These are all things that we should pray for and try our best to assist in them coming true.

This is the picture I selected to go with the word Faith:



I hope that it reminds you that even though we are muddling through winter, spring will come again. That is so true of life. You may be experiencing a cold winter in your life right now. With Faith in God and the love of family and friends you will soon be experiencing spring again. Just keep going and things will get better soon.

I am also celebrating my one year blogiversary. I cannot believe that I have been blogging for a year. To read my first post, click ~Here~.

I really never thought anyone would read my blog and I have been blown away by the positive response and the many words of encouragement that you all have sent my way. You have accepted me and made me feel important and worthwhile. I can never thank you enough for that. I have met so many people that I would have never known had it not been for blogland. People who I consider friends even though we have never met in person. To celebrate my blogiversary, I will be having a giveaway some time this week. So keep checking back so you can enter.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will continue to come back as often as you can. Always remember, "Love is an act of Faith, and whoever is of little Faith is also of little love."

All My Best,
~Dan~

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww Dan,
That is a lovely post! Congratulations on your blogiversary. I love seeing the spring pictures, yes it gives me a glimpse into what beauty is yet to come!
xoxo

blessed country girl said...

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith sees with the eyes of our hearts, that all things are possible to him who believes. Keep believing, keep having faith, Dan, that God will hear you praying, and open the right doors and roadways in your life this coming year. Keep encouraging others, it is gift given to reap kingdom rewards, if you can but have faith to believe, not in what you see, but in what you are capable of grasping just in front of you. Peace.

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Another Wonderful Post, Dan!
~Tam

The Barn Door said...

Dan...congratulations on your blogiversary!! Great post, I think Faith is a GREAT word!
Karen

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Dan...Yet another Great Post...word of the week challange..I will have to really think on how to put my faith into words... Love was easy to put into words but Faith..Very Powerful word in my life!! I shall ponder this and give it some great thought.

Congrats on the blogiversary.. :>
It's pretty cool this blogging .. I never thought anyome would read my post either~Boy was I wrong..

Have a Great Week!!

Blessings
Tonya

cottageprims said...

Thanks for sharing another lovely post.Congrats on your blog anniversary! Warm Blessings!~Amy

renee said...

Dan, a very nice post! I will have to ponder this word, before I post. Congratulations on your one year bloggiversary!
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Renee

SANDI said...

Thanks for sharing!! Congratulations on your Blogiversary!!!
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Sharon said...

Congrats on your blogiversary. I have enjoyed reading all of your blogs.
I agree that Faith is a very powerful word also.
I will have to think about it.
Thanks Dan.

Libbie said...

CONGRATS on your 1 year! Faith is the most important thing in my life! I like the last line in your post...never thought of it that way but there is a lot of truth to that :)

Susannah said...

Hello Dan.....Once again, you have given me much to think about today. Beautiful post!

Susannah

Mumsy said...

Beautiful, beautiful post Dan. I love your blog and enjoy reading everything you post. I cannot imagine anyone not liking to read what you post. Hugs

Beckyjean said...

What a wonderful post Dan. I enjoy reading your blog & look forward to each post. Enjoy your day!

Becky

Primitive Memories said...

Hi Dan-
What an inspiring post. We all need to be reminded that a little Faith goes a long way!
Happy 1st blogiversary! Love reading your blog. Hope you continue it for years to come.
Have a wonderful day-
Heather

lakeffect said...

Dan,
This post comes at a very difficult time in my life. Thank you so much for reminding me of the power of faith.
Kathy

Kady said...

What a wonderful post! So often we're shy about sharing our faith. How refreshing to read about yours. My spouse and I are believers and have a deep faith in God. We're not without trials in our lives, but who is? We most recently were taking a leap of faith and buying a new house - new to us, an older home really, but we've lived in this one for over 30 years, so this was something new for us. We did all that was required of us, but at the final signing, the seller refused to show up. He would not communicate with us and chose to let the house go back to his lender rather then sell to us. We were stunned and heartbroken because we thought God had led us to that house. It was perfect for us and our menagerie of rescued cats. We sought a lawyer's help but even he could not help us reach a successful conclusion. We're not angry with the seller, though we might have a right to be, and we're not planning to sue him, which some have suggested we should. Our faith tells us that when a door closes, God opens a window. So we're waiting for that window to open. There are so many reasons we wanted and felt we needed that house, one being that our daughter and grandson are allergic to cats. Can you believe that? Our plan was to house the kitties safely in the barn and keep our home cat-free so our family could come visit. Our hopes were dashed and we feel bruised by what happened, but our faith is strong and we know we'll be shown the path we're to travel next. Thank you for the opportunity to share my most recent lesson in FAITH.

Angela said...

Happy Belated Anniversary of your blog. ((hugs)) I want to leave you with this and will pray this over you ..
Faith is:
Seeing the invisible.
Believing the impossible.
Receiving the incredible....

sigh...Blessings.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my honey we are really connected. I was asking someone what word they thought you would choose next after Love last week and I chose Faith. lol
Can you imagine the surprise when I saw this tonight.
Hopefully tomorrow morning I can do a post about it before I go to the hospital for Gary.
He went into cardiac arrest yesterday and they had to put a stint in his heart last night.
I have faith he will be fine
Love this post you did about Faith
Love
Maggie

Cathy said...

Wow!! One year already! Congrats, Dan!! I hope you will continue. I really enjoy my visits here :)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

Splinters From The Woodworkers Wife said...

Happy Blogiversary! Love your psots!!! Faith is what keeps me going! :)

Jerrah said...

Happy Blogversary! Thanks for sharing this with me. Taylor Faith is sad that you didn't share her pic with faith.